My selfless self promotion for new book.

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
bflesher

As per title this is my selfless self promotion for my first book. It's not focus related, or car related for that matter but poetry(I thought the same thing when I started writing, poetry wtf). Here's a link to purchase - http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Produc ... esher.aspx

and here's one to my webpage - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... r9M-dMOR4g
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Hmm, I'll have to check you links from home. Very cool!

Who'd a thunk?

Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

I'll have to buy this and I'll let you know what I think.
IIRC you'd mentioned something about it sometime,,, er I recall someone in the Focus world mentioning something about poetry book while back.

I may have questions for ya about the process down the road.
--John
bflesher

Suggestions, .....just start writing. I've never taken a class or read much poetry aside from some Shakespeare and whatever was in a philosophy book(Goethe, Nietzsche, etc.) that I was reading. I just started one day. The good thing is it is poetry so reading is pretty easy and quick. Side note: english was never my strong suit in school either, specially the grammatical side. Which is probably why poetry and not say a book. :lol:
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

I used to write, in school. Was on the staff for our school newspaper and did very well in English and creative writing classes. though grammar wasn't my strong suit. The 3 teachers I had really urged me to write more and I did get 1 poem in some book, which I can't recall and never got a copy of ... was 15-16 years ago though :lol: .

I do want to write again but What I want to write about I don't think I know enough about to risk it, and traditional book form won't work, it's more an interactive 'book' (engine maths kinda stuff). I just have to get off my lazy ass and do it, tomorrow maybe :? .
--John
bflesher

In one sense do we actually know what we think we know. Shakespeare was forgotten for 500 years and look what happened there. You could always write it then when done find the weak points then study up that to start. If you procrastinate to much what idea you may forget when it comes time to write? Grammar can be for editors, Karl Marx wrote the "Communist Manifesto" while Friedrich Engels rewrote it for better grammar/flow, etc.. What sucks is if you lose the ideas you have, which can also then serve as steps for building/improving.

edit: I've been sitting on the first 400 things I had written since 04', maybe 05'.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

i like poemtry as well. there once was a bucket in a guy from nantucket......... ah .... so how about that haarp ray thingy? ha jk.
i always was good with writing, spelling and all the other crap in the english language is where i feel short. i can speak poetry very well, just getting the stuff on paper is very hard for me. fun it may be but fore me the most influencal book of my youth is where the side walk ends, or the light in the attic. 8)

Image wink wink.....bitches
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

focinite wrote:i like poemtry as well. there once was a bucket in a guy from nantucket......... ah .... so how about that haarp ray thingy? ha jk.
i always was good with writing, spelling and all the other crap in the english language is where i feel short. i can speak poetry very well, just getting the stuff on paper is very hard for me. fun it may be but fore me the most influencal book of my youth is where the side walk ends, or the light in the attic. 8)
:shock: No tat iz dip.. Wah dip evben fur guy dat skipped eut ffrm 2nrd 2 gred 12thfrth senore!

:wink:
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
bflesher

:shock: :shock:

:D
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

fer reals. i quit drinkin a while ago . that is effed i am horrible . :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
bflesher

I don't drink. Would probably be more F'd if you still drank I think.