Cylinder head questions?

For your Ford Focus related discussion
cohenj87
Car: 2003 black zx3 eap svt

I have an 03 SVT that some how under very mild acceleration from a stop light shot the spark plug from the head and apparently stripped the threads. My cousin is my mechanic and said he used a heilacoil(sp) to try and fix it but he couldnt find ones long enough but he said it might still work. I told him to go for it however the fix only held for about 5 miles before I could tell it was starting to not have compression in that cylinder. Is there any other way that I can fix this? If not can someone link me to a place that sells after market heads that are good for the SVT. I would also be open to a new or used SVT head depending on the price and miles. Thanks for all the help guys!
black 03 svt eap with black recaros & bumpin system
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

I seen this post on FF I think it was, anyways, Time-sert is the preferred method to fix stripped plug threads. They cost more than Heli-Coil but they also hold better.
Personally I'd try one before I go and get a new/used head.

And one thing I've found with the SVT heads (and not so much the zetec heads) is that you have to watch out for electrolysis. I'm not sure if it's the difference in castings or what, but the SVT seems to suffer from this mildly. So a head that came from a true track car (most tracks don't want you to run antifreeze, water only) is something I'd avoid ... or ask the PO what they ran for coolant.

If things don't line up for ya let me know. I have 2 spare heads but I really don't want to get rid of either if I don't have to.
--John