'02 wagon bump control

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Timmers
Car: 2002 Ford Focus Wagon

Hello all, with my 2002 wagon SE on the highway when she hits bumps on the road the back end like hops out and then when it comes back it almost wiggles or shifts side to side and is back to normal until I hit another bump.

I don't think the suspension has ever been serviced. Car has 119k miles. And about a year or two ago the right rear tire fell off on my sister while she was going down the highway. (don't know how usefull all that is)

Any suggestions? Or is that just how the wagon is... I'm hoping not
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Check the rear sway bar mounts and end links to see if they'e worn or damaged.

Other than that it may be time for shocks and possibly springs, could also be issues with control arm bushings.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Timmers
Car: 2002 Ford Focus Wagon

I will check those out!

Thank you for the info!
PBZX3

My 05 ZX3 did that when I first got it. Installed new shocks. That helped a little but the final fix was a good alignment from the Burnsville Sears. I was getting excessive rear tire wear. Had it aligned at Fleet Farm and Tires Plus. Still wore out rear tires before fronts. After Sears, no more issues.
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
bflesher

0 toe in the rear. I think factory has some.
spots25

bflesher wrote:0 toe in the rear. I think factory has some.
The factory has a LOT. My last alignment I went to 0 toe (although it took a lot to convince the tech to do it) and I like it so far
00' Kona
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

yeah its rear toe that causes that rear out feelin. set toe to 0.1+ - 0.2 . neutral toe seting is such a pleabian thing to do. live life on the edge, slot the upper arms and go crazzy. set rear to -.8 toe and -2.5 for cammber!!!! 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches