SVT clutch

Have something you want to get rid of or something you're looking for? Post it here!
Doc
Car: to many to list

I drove my 04 SVT 3 or 4 days and it needs a clutch. I'm torn between selling it and putting a clutch in. Anybody got good, "cheap", source for a clutch worth putting it? I don't want any performance upgrade stuff, cause I'm NOT going to race it, just want to be able to drive it. The less money it costs me the better. I was sent a link to this one on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUK-NEW-CLUTCH- ... 2563b68843 Any opinions of that one?
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

That's the one I put in mine during the fall. I've had no complaints about it. From what I've read, it's the closest to OEM you can get currently.

If you need help getting it installed, hit up FocusMech (Dave)
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

I bought the same kit from the same seller. Exactly what he ^ said.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Did you just buy the car??
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Doc

Patalrob wrote:Did you just buy the car??
I bought it in December.
Doc

2 people that use the product and are happy. That certainly makes me thing this might be the route to go. As far as instsall, I could do it myself but I'll probably have Jason at integrity auto in St. Cloud do it for me. He's a mechanic and I'm a bodyman. I currently have his off road Jeep here to do some bodywork to and build some tube fenders, so he's going to owe me anyway.
Patalrob
Borlatap

Ok, I was going to say that the stealer ship that you bought the car from should beable to work with you under a lemon law warrenty. But you only have 30 days with that.

Its not as hard of a job as you think it should be just time consuming. Take a day with your friend and get it in in a day.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
02 SVTF ...........
Doc

The lemon law only applies to a new vehicle that you have repeated problems with that can not be made right. No, I don't know all the details of that law, but I'm sure you have more than 30 days. A regular used car warranty (if offered) would probably apply though.
I didn't buy it from a dealer, I got it at the same auction facility I get most all my vehicles from. Only difference here is that I wasn't planning to resell it right away. Kind of wanted to play with it for a while. After the clutch went I was pretty put off the keeping it idea though. But I'm warming back up to it now. I've bought and sold a lot of Focus's over the last few years, don't know when I would ever get a hold of another one like this though.
Patalrob
Borlatap

Makes sense.

Your probably biding on alot of cars that Al bids on. He has about 40 focus's.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
02 SVTF ...........
screaming4snow
Car: 03 Screaming Yellow SVT

LUK kit is what i put in mine, it was decent to put in and feels great, i would def recommend using it if it needs to be replaced
Kev
2003 Screaming Yellow
#3921 of 3985