I didn't know...

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:There's actually a fourth chain that runs the balance shaft.
Wtf :lol:

Didn't know the SOHC 4.0 was unreliable. In that case a reman might be more attractive. Although, I'd say those are just a slightly better gamble. I've had those blow up too. 8)

I still like the Sportrac though, I've thought about buying one of those myself in the past, if they didn't get such lousy gas mileage.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Redlineracer12 wrote:

Didn't know the SOHC 4.0 was unreliable. In that case a reman might be more attractive. Although, I'd say those are just a slightly better gamble. I've had those blow up too. 8)

I still like the Sportrac though, I've thought about buying one of those myself in the past, if they didn't get such lousy gas mileage.
The older they get the worse they are, the 4.0 SOHC I mean. The guide and tensioner arms wear and cause issues.

A Ford reman has a three year, unlimited mileage parts AND labor warranty.

Your personal experience with a Ford reman was with probably the worst engine Ford has produced in the last 20 years with that 2.0 SPI, don't forget that even though it had issues it was taken care of under warranty.

I just want Rob to be fully aware of potential issues with another used engine.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
Redlineracer12 wrote:

The older they get the worse they are, the 4.0 SOHC I mean. The guide and tensioner arms wear and cause issues.

A Ford reman has a three year, unlimited mileage parts AND labor warranty.

Your personal experience with a Ford reman was with probably the worst engine Ford has produced in the last 20 years with that 2.0 SPI, don't forget that even though it had issues it was taken care of under warranty.

I just want Rob to be fully aware of potential issues with another used engine.

I appreciate it Steve, as with everyone else posting up ideas and questions and everything else. We (somehow) convinced my dad to order the 33k miles one from Baltimore for $950 plus freight (obviously)
We are going to have a shop put it in, so they can access the motor before they install it. Receipts, receipts, receipts... After the truck is back in a road worthy condition, he is going to sue the dealership.
According to my wife (uber-ditzy lazy :lol:) she said that they called right after it happened and they THEN said that it had a bent rod... the listing said only a motor noise. So it is one f*ed up situation. My wife and father have spoken to kbid, the dmv, Washington county, and the attorney general and they said we have everything available to win a lawsuit against them.
All I know, is I have other court related car issues to deal with when I get home, so this one is all on my dad for buying the thing in the first place. I told my wife to pass on they I will not give him a penny for the truck until the lawsuit is over, and I will NOT pay for the repairs, even if he loses it. Not my problem... he made the mistake of buying a broken, and then MORE broken truck and trying to pawn it off on me, and forcing me to pay for the truck AND the repairs already. haha... riiiiiight.

I apologize is it seems like I'm venting, but I have refused to speak directly to my dad for months now, and I have yelled at my wife enough (about my dad)

And now on to filing for forced title on a Contour... *sigh*
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

before you go ordering new motors and shit, check to see what it is. its pretty common for those to have valve springs break. if the motor is locked up then get a new one. if it just runs like a bag of rocks, look into it first. valve springs can be replaced in under 2 hrs depending on what side and cylinder it is
spots25

Stilz wrote:
spots25 wrote:Well now, I would strongly consider seeing what it would take to stick a 4.6 or 5.0 in there, depending on which would be an easier swap. I'll bet it wouldn't be bad at all. A friend of mine put a 5.0 in place of a pushrod 4.0 in his similar vintage ranger.
I think I'm good with the 4.0
well, I guess it's too late now, but why would you be good with less power, reliability, and the same fuel economy?
00' Kona
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

spots25 wrote:
Stilz wrote:
spots25 wrote:Well now, I would strongly consider seeing what it would take to stick a 4.6 or 5.0 in there, depending on which would be an easier swap. I'll bet it wouldn't be bad at all. A friend of mine put a 5.0 in place of a pushrod 4.0 in his similar vintage ranger.
well, I guess it's too late now, but why would you be good with less power, reliability, and the same fuel economy?
Imo, being there is going to be a lawsuit, putting the stock motor back in... Im gonna make a guess to say it's gonna look better. Thanks for the opinion.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

spots25 wrote:
Stilz wrote:
Not everyone wants to go through the hassle of an engine swap, it's a lot more than just bolting the engine in.

Theres the PCM and wiring, exhaust issues, sensors not to mention that the drivetrain is designed for a V6 in the first place and may not handle the V8 very well.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

v8 swap! :lol: the 4.0 is cake to do i had done one this summer if ihad the reman i would have had it done in13 hours with parts swappin it calls 16.and which rob x2 :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches