ECU Reset

For your Ford Focus related discussion
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

yeah but id rather put money into a 11 second toy versus a 14 second daily drivin toy......er wait i mean ......aw ef it i dont know what i was saying :(
Image wink wink.....bitches
Steve@Tasca
Midget

focinite wrote:yeah but id rather put money into a 11 second toy versus a 14 second daily drivin toy......er wait i mean ......aw ef it i dont know what i was saying :(
The difference between the stock tune and the custom tune is well worth it, it makes the car SO much nicer to drive and it cleaned up a lot of the quirks Ford left in it.

You spend your money where you want, I don't have any other toys so making my car run it's best is rather important.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Almost no one uses a "chip" anymore, remember the old saying Jim, You have to pay to play. 8)
What kinda smack you talkin' about chips? Cow chips? Potato chips?
I realize that almost all cars need some kinda device for tuning, but the SVT setup is a royal pain. Point #1: You can't just modify a parameter or two in an existing program, but need to extract the entire program and download a replacement one. Point #2: Tuning shops have shared horror stories about trying to download the new program into the ECU (took an hour or more) - only to have it fail to register. Why do you think that no reputable local tuner shop will tune my car? Huh? Why do you think? Huh? (I'll give you two guesses!)
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
Steve@Tasca
Midget

oldoutboardjim wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Almost no one uses a "chip" anymore, remember the old saying Jim, You have to pay to play. 8)
What kinda smack you talkin' about chips? Cow chips? Potato chips?
I realize that almost all cars need some kinda device for tuning, but the SVT setup is a royal pain. Point #1: You can't just modify a parameter or two in an existing program, but need to extract the entire program and download a replacement one. Point #2: Tuning shops have shared horror stories about trying to download the new program into the ECU (took an hour or more) - only to have it fail to register. Why do you think that no reputable local tuner shop will tune my car? Huh? Why do you think? Huh? (I'll give you two guesses!)
Pappy had no trouble getting his ZX3 tuned at D-B and Patalrob had no trouble getting his Powerworks SVT tuned at Hi-tech who also tuned another friends Powerworks SVT.

I've never had it take longer than 5-10 minutes to load a tune in mine.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

the big deal about the reflash pcm is when the batt goes flat (ohiey jump leads!!!!) then you are left with a empty pcm. for the most part any place that says they are scareid of doing it you shouldnt go there. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches