SVT Cold Morning Starts

For your Ford Focus related discussion
screaming4snow
Car: 03 Screaming Yellow SVT

the clutch is EXTREMELY squishy, you BARELY let up off the floor and its already grabbing
it is SUPER HARD to shift into a gear
BUT after she warms up she shifts in and out alright.
EXCEPT the clutch still feels a little squishy BUT not as bad.

any suggestions?
Kev
2003 Screaming Yellow
#3921 of 3985
bflesher

What kind of fluid? And maybe try the 2 person bleed of the clutch.
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

Bleed that sucker. Mine always seemed to get goofy after a few months, bleed it back out and it was like normal again.

Best thing I ever got was a motive power bleeder, turns it into a one person, 10 minute job.
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

tgnorman wrote:Bleed that sucker. Mine always seemed to get goofy after a few months, bleed it back out and it was like normal again.

Best thing I ever got was a motive power bleeder, turns it into a one person, 10 minute job.
You WERE always good at SUCKING. :lol:
bflesher

tgnorman wrote:Bleed that sucker. Mine always seemed to get goofy after a few months, bleed it back out and it was like normal again.

\I wonder if the zetec and svt are different as far as clutch set up because I used the motive for 10 minutes after I installed the svt rear brakes and ended up doing the 2 person. Figured as long as I'm here I may as well bleed the clutch, again, and again, and again,, until I realized it wasn't going to work. :(
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I've had to bleed the clutch in my car exactly one time and that was when I changed the clutch master cylinder.

If you have to bleed it at any time other than after replacing a part something is wrong.

Mine works fine at 100 degrees or -40 degrees, makes no difference, in extreme cold it does get hard to shift but that's just the nature of manual transmissions.

Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

check to see if yer clutch pedal is swoll from a leak. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

i only notice the harder shifts on cold days till its warms up .and it likes to sit around 2k for the forst few min too. clutch always feels the same to me no matter the temperature.
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
Miller
Car: 02 Black SVT Focus

On these colder days are you wearing heavier or thicker shoes? I notice my clutch feels alot different in work boots compared to tennis shoes. The grabbing right away could also be due to the common high idle on cold start ups these cars had.