Powerworks supercharger, your opinions....

For your Ford Focus related discussion
sc0tty8

saintg2005 wrote: No chickens do not have large talons :D I want to see someone do a V8 focus. That would be big pimpin' 8)

I got the focus and the money for the conversion kit, I would need about 2k to get the trans and the motor.

buy up a explorer 302, has the gt40p heads, b-303 cam, gt-40 intake. Put in a lrger cam, advance timint, grab the headers, add a t5. The motor, cam, trans should run about 1500$. Then, I think it calls for a mustang rear end, you would want an 8.8" rear, prob about 200$ from a bone yard, not sure, swap the gears out to 3.27's(160$) and then get the aburn limited slip/locker rear end(600$), new bearings/ seals(about 75$ depending) and then assembly.

It could be done for prob about 8k, I only got 1/2 that :(
Spork Sports

The Car & Driver test was done with street tires on the ZX3. Powerworks was not informed that the competition was an all out shootout, more so they thought it was a street car challenge. They were competing against full-blown race cars that for the most part were not streetable. Why the numbers for Powerworks were low I cannot explain either, but I know that my car is no slouch as is any other powerworks equipped car I have ever been in. The quality of the fit and finish is second to none. I have been in cars equipped with all the other brands, and nothing compares IMO. For the price they are going for now, that is a steal.
SEIFERT TECHNIK / SPEED NEEDLE EMBROIDERY

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 powerworks
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

And my point is that how professional of a group can it be if they come ill prepared to be in the naitonal spotlight? I still would not put the powerworks kit on my car. And yes i have been in and driven and owned boosted Foci, not the Powerworks though.
Slower than your stock focus.
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

I'm with Rod, the cost of the kit is WAY high (IMO) for the hp you get out of it. You can buy a kick ass turbo kit, or build one for the same cost (if not less) and make 30 more hp. I can guarantee my numbers are higher than the powerworks car by about 10-15 hp, and I've spent about $1500 less on my engine. I also am sure I could run faster track times. My opinion it isn't worth the money. Then again I'm not a baller though, so if you got the money spend it I guess.
Nils
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

yeah, yeah.. but then there are the super high charge temps , the oil consumption, not to mention the big hunk of cast iron haning off the exhaust mani, the under hood temps, oil temps, then there is worring about over spool and surging the itsybitsy t3 into little steel confetty bits... super charger is more reliable cus it only spins afast as the motor/pully will allow.
Image wink wink.....bitches
Spork Sports

Louis Zerr wrote: And my point is that how professional of a group can it be if they come ill prepared to be in the naitonal spotlight? I still would not put the powerworks kit on my car. And yes i have been in and driven and owned boosted Foci, not the Powerworks though.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to point out. They were informed by Car & Driver that it was more of a street car aka "most streetable" challenge. Therefore they came as they would drive on any city street. They were very pissed when they found out there was nothing but race cars out there.

I do not think you can compare a SC kit like Powerworks kit to a custom tuned turbo kit. A custom turbo & good tune will always get you more power, but the realiabilty is closer to its limits the more you squeeze. This is about quality, reliability, and value. The Powerworks has that and much more for $3750 shipped IMO.

Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I don't want to be a dick, i do understand where you are coming from.

I will be turbo'd again by summer. I would like to hit the 300whp club, it is possible with my current set up,i'd like to see 250whp daily/reliably. Of course my engine has been blown up before and I have had my share of problems. With a proper custom tune a turbo'd focus can run for a long time, i'm still looking for a proper tune. Obviously you don't know my cars history, I am going for more power than the powerworks can handle on a daily driven safe tune.

Its all about goals, if you have 1 car and it is your daily driver stay with a safe tune and boost level, if like me you have 4 cars screw it and go all out on the ones you want to. (Shut up bitches 3 of them run and 2 of them move!)
Slower than your stock focus.
Spork Sports

Louis Zerr wrote: I don't want to be a dick, i do understand where you are coming from.

I will be turbo'd again by summer. I would like to hit the 300whp club, it is possible with my current set up,i'd like to see 250whp daily/reliably. Of course my engine has been blown up before and I have had my share of problems. With a proper custom tune a turbo'd focus can run for a long time, i'm still looking for a proper tune. Obviously you don't know my cars history, I am going for more power than the powerworks can handle on a daily driven safe tune.

Its all about goals, if you have 1 car and it is your daily driver stay with a safe tune and boost level, if like me you have 4 cars screw it and go all out on the ones you want to. (Shut up bitches 3 of them run and 2 of them move!)

Exactly, thats why I say its not fair to compare them. I agree with you totally.

Pappy
have you seen my boxers?

I just feel though if you are talking money you sure can make them compete with each other. Sure the SC kits are more reliable out of the box, but if you have a good tune it's plenty possible to make a completely solid turbo kit for $4k.
Nils

sc0tty8

I feel that most companies are putting out products at a higher then need be price because the focus is more or less a niche market, with not many players in the game, they can get by with charging more then they need be. I mean, 4k for a supercharger setup, granted its a great product, if it came with a new clutch and lsd, then, I think it would be a great buy :lol:
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

i dont know i think it would be better to cramm a butt load of n2o down the intake. :twisted:
Image wink wink.....bitches
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?

focinite wrote: i dont know i think it would be better to cramm a butt load of n2o down the intake. :twisted:

Welcome to my life :)