Camber plates and bolts

For your Ford Focus related discussion
TS07ZX3
Car: 2007 Focus SE Hatch

Currently running stock for winter, but purchased front camber plates and rear camber bolts from steeda. So how difficult is installation? I have done shocks and struts, and I know I'll want to get an allignment done with the changing o f the camber. Just want to know if I should have a shop install them when I'm ready.
dartfork

If you've changed the springs in your focus, its the same process. If you've taken apart your Focus suspension before (and recently) it should be easy. If it is rusty ('specially in back) you'll probably end up breaking something. The lower control arm has a tendency to fuse with the bolt (the 1 the camber bolt replaces). And then the control arm needs to be replaced.
note: I found those rear camber bolts to be totally useless though. I could never get them to stay at any designated camber and the drivers side 1 broke after about a year and a half.
goinloco1

i've run a bunch of different springs. unless your dropping 2" or more camber plates wont be needed unless you have other problems such as worn bushings or bent parts (even at 2" with h&r springs I didn't need the plates).
Camber bolts i've always used. when installed correctly you should never have a problem. the instructions for install suck tho. you'll find washers with tabs, the tab must go in the bolt hole toward the center of the car (moves the bolt outward), then the cam on the bolt can do its thing correctly.
I actually dont use either anymore since I discovered a little trick for rear end adjustments that cost nothing and actually allow alot of adjustment.
viper55025
Car: 2005 silver zx3

i had to put the camber bolts and plates in my focus when i put in my eibachs. they are really easy if you know how to do struts and are familiar with the rear suspension set up.
-Jeremy Ebner