Underdrive pulley

For your Ford Focus related discussion
screaming4snow
Car: 03 Screaming Yellow SVT

Are they really worth it?
Can you notice any change in the accesories?
What about any hp gain ?
Kev
2003 Screaming Yellow
#3921 of 3985
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

I have the CFM pulley kit and they are considerably lighter than the stock pulleys. Since I installed them, I've noticed better pickup, better gas mileage and they're red and I can see them when I turn my wheels all the way to the left. If you get some, I'd recommend replacing your serpentine belt, tensioner and idler pulleys. Mine slips a lot because I'm missing the shield and I haven't put in my serpentine stuff yet.
ThatOneBigKid
Car: 2002 Acura RSX Type-SC

I put mine on last summer. I instantly noticed that the motor no longer lags when I have the A/C on. I could also feel a difference in pick up but haven't noticed a difference in MPG.

I would defiantly buy them again
2002 RSX Type-S - JRSC - Pulley Boys 3.2" Pulley (9 psi) - RC 750cc Injectors - Hondata Kpro ECU - GReddy Evo TT Exhaust - DC Sports Race Header - Injen CAI - Competition Clutch Stage 4 - Quaife LSD - 280whp
bflesher

I have em on and I figure it's worth a couple of hp and maybe 1mpg at most. They work better on v8's or v6's since they have more power to unlock so to speak. Worth it, yep.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

beware . there is a reasone for the big chunk of steel. imbalance will cut the life of your bearings short
Image wink wink.....bitches
PBZX3

^^ Is this from experience or conjecture?
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

i have removed a handful off my customers cars due to nvh . its a free world do what you will,as for me i dont think an extra 5 horse is worth the bearing damage or the loss of low rpm charging. if you want real power you can feel a blue or red aluminum pulley is no match for higher compression or displacement. and here is where you a fifty gazzillion people tell me that they and there mom all have udps on there ish. thats great , over a decade of experiance and a crotch load of shcooling and cirtifications tell me that if the crank has a balanced or wieght dampened pulley on it from the factory ,its there for a reasone. if it where not needed dont you think the bean counters a ford would have gone the cheap route and put the flimsy pulley on. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches