Does anyone know....?

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

Does anyone knoe if Csvts run the same rear brake setup as a focus?
Just saw a CSVT in a junkyard and was wondering if it is possible. My focus would love to have 4 discs again Im sure.
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

No they are not the same. Also SVT Contour brakes aren't anything special. They are the same size as the V6 Sport pkg (ones with rear discs) Cougars.

They are similar to SVT Focus brakes, but smaller. They might work, but no guarantees. I know the SVT Focus front brake kit is a popular upgrade on the Contours though.

Which junkyard? Any other good parts? Color?
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
WASaZX3pos

So the front are interchangeable for sure, but the rears you do not know?

This was at ATV in NB. Two CSVTs, one was black and just about everything was not useable on it, plus they wouldnt part with anything on that one. The other was a silver, most body shit was gone, but rear brakes was the only thing i was intertested in. I did get some free craftsman tools out of it though.
Has anyone ever tried to put CSVT rear disks on their focus then?
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

WASaZX3pos wrote:So the front are interchangeable for sure, but the rears you do not know?
I know you can go Focus SVT brakes on a contour with the addition of a few washers as shims, but I have no idea if it works the other way.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
WASaZX3pos

Yeah I just read that also. I just figured it would be cheaper then buyin a new setup from Steve.