Lurch at highway cruising speeds

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

Ever since the beginning of the winter, I've noticed that my car seems to lurch randomly...that is my best description. While I'm driving and cruising in 5th or 6th gear, it feels like I've hit a patch of ice or my engine suddenly lost power for a split second. I was talking to ThatOneBigKid tonight at school who said he had experienced the same phenomenon. Has anyone else experienced this with their SVT? And if so, what the heck is it...
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

sounds like a misfire
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

It only seems to happen when I'm in 5th or 6th gear and cruising on the highway and it never happened during the summer. In early winter, my check engine light came on, but the day before my appointment with the dealership, it went away. The RPMs don't drop and I'm finding it all very odd.
bflesher

Possibly a ecu issue since it happens in specific gears. Doesn't the ecu read which gear the car is in( ie shift lights)?
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Macky21 wrote:It only seems to happen when I'm in 5th or 6th gear and cruising on the highway and it never happened during the summer. In early winter, my check engine light came on, but the day before my appointment with the dealership, it went away. The RPMs don't drop and I'm finding it all very odd.
i know it sound wrong, but in 5 and 6 gear your engine has to work very hard to adjust speed, your foot is in a constant up and down motion. tax the engine with worn ignition parts and bing bang boooooom, you got yer self a fightin dawg. the fightin dawg in this case is a mis fire :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches