Metropolitan Ford in Eden Prairie, MN

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

So my check engine light came on and I took it to their dealership to have my car checked out. I had bought a car from them a few years ago and never had any issues, so I decided to take my Focus there to have it checked out. They determined that my IMRC was going bad and was throwing the CEL code. Then they quoted me on changing my timing belt because it's getting a little dry, but I was already planning on doing that in the next few days. Anyways, they quoted me $1700 in parts and labor to change the timing belt, along with the tensioner pulley, idler pulley and valve gasket cover, plus the IMRC...my first reaction was F that.

I called Steve at Tousley, who is a godsend by the way, and he gives me all the parts for $340.

So I get back to the dealership to pick up my car, and they take it through the car wash as a "courtesy." My car comes back looking like they just dumped a bucket of water on it, and second, it smells like someone burnt the F out of my clutch. No one seems to notice the smell, but as soon as I pull it out of the service garage, I pop open my hood and it just reeks. I close it all up and start driving away, when I notice that my clutch is chattering and slipping just in first and second gear. I pull it back around in to the service garage and complain to the service rep and the assistant service manager. They drove the car, said nothing was wrong, and cut me loose. Not ok. On top of that, the two service rep and the assistant manager act like they've never been in a car before and let of idiotic comments, my favorite of which was "it must be driver error."

We came back, I called my dad who works for Factory Motor Parts and he told me to go back and speak to the service manager, not the assistant manager. The service manager starts off by saying its not their fault, so on and so forth. I say to him that there's no way my car went from the way it was to the way it is now by just "normal wear and tear."

TL;DR The service manager agreed that he'd look at it, I'm still pissed that my car is now really messed up and I don't have any other options for a vehicle.
bflesher

Damn that would piss me the hell off also. Hopefully the service manager will step up and acknowledge the fact that someone took your car for a joyride and screwed it, unlucky for them. Then it always raises the question if you have them fix then what are they going to do.
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

I'd have called the cops.

Wait, isn't Miles at Metro?....he does, his name is Farmer here. Pm him. He's in parts at Metro...
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco
PBZX3

They should have put the mileage down on the service invoice when you dropped the car off. You should be able to figure out if they drove your car based on that. But I guess they wouldn't of had to drive the car to toast the clutch.
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
Farmer
Car: 2003 Grey ZX3

Nope I'm at Midway Ford.
-Miles
Farmer
Car: 2003 Grey ZX3

forget the service manager and go right to the GM of the dealership, but 1st call ford customer service and start bitchin, that will get some results. GM's hate calls from ford customer service and it will be recorded as a complaint to ford about Metropolitian's customer service.
-Miles
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

when i had an issue with my windshield being replaced very poorly and scratching my vehicle no one seemed to care even when i was calling managers, this wasn't ford tho, but as soon as i dropped the, "do u have the number for the Better business bureau" thats when things changed and they immediately said they would happily pay to fix it.
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia

Farmer wrote:Nope I'm at Midway Ford.
-Miles
Sorry about that Miles.
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

HotRodWagon wrote:
-Miles
Sorry about that Miles.
Jeeze Chalon! Might as well Slap him in the face and say "You work for Tousley parts depatment!!!" :shock:
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia

Patalrob wrote:
HotRodWagon wrote:
-Miles
Sorry about that Miles.
Jeeze Chalon! Might as well Slap him in the face and say "You work for Tousley parts depatment!!!" :shock:
Only Amazon's work at Tousley....sheesh
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco