NEED TO BORROW

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Miller
Car: 02 Black SVT Focus

Anyone near Mankato want to lend me their zetec timing tool? I spaced out on ordering mine with midterms and need it Monday. Anyone?
Miller

more than willing to rent :D
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

I'd be willing to lend you mine, but I didn't see this sooner. I'll be out of town for work all week, but if you were willing to drive up to St Paul, I could have my wife put it on the porch for you to pick up.
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
Miller

I might hit you up with that! My buddy doing all this work on my car with me needs to make a trip to the cities. PM me your number and I'll give you a ring if that's the route I go. I may just order one and wait until later this week for the timing belt, the LSD install, rear main seal and high pressure line for power steering will probably keep us busy tomorrow!

Wish me luck!
spots25

if that doesn't work, I've got the tools in Rochester
00' Kona
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

I got your message, but my wife is already in bed and I doubt I'm going to be able to catch her before she heads to work tomorrow.
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
Miller

No biggie, I think I'm going to put it off til later this week anyways... The other projects are kicking my butt.
PBZX3

Let me know how the LSD install goes. I'm going to be putting in a new clutch in a few weeks and was thinking of putting in a Torsen while the tranny was out.
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
CrazySVTChick
Car: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP

PBZX3 wrote:Let me know how the LSD install goes. I'm going to be putting in a new clutch in a few weeks and was thinking of putting in a Torsen while the tranny was out.
Putting the LSD in is VERY easy!! When I did mone it just poped right in and the spacers were perfect!

Good luck on the install Miller! :D
TURBO BABY!!!
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

CrazySVTChick wrote:
PBZX3 wrote:Let me know how the LSD install goes. I'm going to be putting in a new clutch in a few weeks and was thinking of putting in a Torsen while the tranny was out.
Putting the LSD in is VERY easy!! When I did mone it just poped right in and the spacers were perfect!

Good luck on the install Miller! :D
Speaking of which, I haven't heard from you. Everything driving ok???
Miller

LSD was fairly straight forward. Kinda scary doing bearing races, but the video online of it helped a lot. Not nearly as hard as getting the trans out.

Found out it was just my slave leaking, when installed the seal around the input shaft folded over on itself in one spot. Sprayed everywhere. Threw the clutch in a powder coat oven at school at 400 and could watch the oil come to the service and smoke off. Everything is back together and working great.

Didn't get to timing belt because the tool, will do it soon though.
Miller

Also, Autozone has awesome bearing and race install tools for rent.