ebay intake

For your Ford Focus related discussion
goinloco1

So what is everyones thoughts on the intake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOCUS-DU ... ccessories
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

I dont think anybody has tried it yet. But Hector from CFM is trying to sell it for 500 bucks. Ha. There are pics floating around focaljet, and the casting looks kinda rough. http://forums.focaljet.com/duratec-tuni ... out-5.html I wonder how much extrude hone cost?
07 ST S.A.P.
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

There are threads on both FJ and FF on that intake. Apparently a couple people have their hands on them, I would wait and see what they say about them.
Dean

goinloco1

yeah, but the discussion on ff has a mod that evidently doesn't like whats being said and keeps threatening to lock it...lol
according to some of the guys the cossie isn't exactly smooth under the exterior either (thats what pissed the fanboy mod off).

dunno, be really interesting to see what happens with it as far as whats needed to make it work and the power.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

My gripe has to do with the laziness of it all. There is no proof what so ever that the Cosworth intake is 'the best'. It's built around a specif RPM range and air flow capacity. Anything above or below that, the manifold will be detrimental to power ... but the kiddies can't see that, they've been programed to believe all the hype as truth and to not think for themselves or apply a shred of analytical thought. Turbo makes power, must buy turbo.

Second to my first, is that I don't agree with Chinese companies profiting by skirting around patent laws and copyright laws. Nor do I support any company that promotes such business practices. No I don't like paying a premium most of the time, but most all that time I do know what I'm getting and I know the company has someone I can contact if I have concerns. Much the same reason all of us bought a Focus and not a Daewoo, trust.

My best and only advice is learn how air flows, gauge your needs and find an intake manifold that most closely fits your needs. If there is no manifold that fits you perfect, don't compromise. Instead have one built to spec. Plenty competent welders around that can build a manifold for as much if not less that a Cossie manifold.
--John
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

iminhell wrote:My gripe has to do with the laziness of it all. There is no proof what so ever that the Cosworth intake is 'the best'. It's built around a specif RPM range and air flow capacity. Anything above or below that, the manifold will be detrimental to power ... but the kiddies can't see that, they've been programed to believe all the hype as truth and to not think for themselves or apply a shred of analytical thought. Turbo makes power, must buy turbo.

Second to my first, is that I don't agree with Chinese companies profiting by skirting around patent laws and copyright laws. Nor do I support any company that promotes such business practices. No I don't like paying a premium most of the time, but most all that time I do know what I'm getting and I know the company has someone I can contact if I have concerns. Much the same reason all of us bought a Focus and not a Daewoo, trust.

My best and only advice is learn how air flows, gauge your needs and find an intake manifold that most closely fits your needs. If there is no manifold that fits you perfect, don't compromise. Instead have one built to spec. Plenty competent welders around that can build a manifold for as much if not less that a Cossie manifold.
X2....the factory unoit is just fine for your needs, unless you plan on 300 plush horse powers, at that point your car is no longer what most would consider a comuter and traction is gonna be prioity #1 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
bflesher

Or try this for an intake http://forums.focaljet.com/forced-induc ... folds.html , hope that worked....
goinloco1

iminhell wrote:My gripe has to do with the laziness of it all. There is no proof what so ever that the Cosworth intake is 'the best'. It's built around a specif RPM range and air flow capacity. Anything above or below that, the manifold will be detrimental to power ... but the kiddies can't see that, they've been programed to believe all the hype as truth and to not think for themselves or apply a shred of analytical thought. Turbo makes power, must buy turbo.

thing about the cossie is they don't hold a patent on it... I spent 3 hrs searching, trust me.
their design is nothing more than a modification of other earlier intakes for the duratec (honda. mgb, toyota, to name a few). but your point about contacting is a valid one.
my big concern is modifying for the 06 and up, hack up a 700 buck cossie or a 300 buck ebay (which by the way no one still knows where is made). think the 300 dollar screw up would be much cheaper...lol
I'm glad someone else noticed the brainwashed zombies on that thread...lol
goinloco1

bflesher wrote:Or try this for an intake http://forums.focaljet.com/forced-induc ... folds.html , hope that worked....
ever check out their prices :shock:
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

bflesher wrote:Or try this for an intake http://forums.focaljet.com/forced-induc ... folds.html , hope that worked....
Top Speed's manifolds are nice, but they are for the Zetec. The manifold on ebay is a Duratec part.
Dean

blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

goinloco1 wrote:
ever check out their prices :shock:
hell yea youtube search for top speed focus! they have the fricken most ridiculously boosted foci!
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
goinloco1

Well, I guess I'm off ff for awhile... again :lol:

can't even discuss anything without someone getting butthurt
Guess I forgot to kneel before the cossie gods :?
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Alex, FWIW I'm banned from FJ for the next 6 months, but I'm never going back. So pretty much I'm done with the Focus far as forums go. Pretty sad that everything is sponsor driven now and there is no grassroots support anywhere. Bunch of fuckin' pansies if ya ask me.

But being I don't know, what has to be modified for the Cossie/EBAY to fit an '06+?

I was also thinking that just maybe these EBAY ones are Cossie manifolds, but the rejects. Though doubtful being we know the Chinese love to copy everything good and destroy it.
--John
spots25

what didja get banned for?
00' Kona
goinloco1

from what I've found they are from asia, altho specifically where isn't quite clear.

mods to use it on a 06 and above is notching the end (cut and weld) to clear the p/s reservoir, or going to an earlier p/s setup.