UDP

For your Ford Focus related discussion
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

anyone currently running the 2pc cfm pulley kit on their SVT?
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
ThatOneBigKid
Car: 2002 Acura RSX Type-SC

I have had mine on since mid July. No more engine lag when I have my A/C on.
2002 RSX Type-S - JRSC - Pulley Boys 3.2" Pulley (9 psi) - RC 750cc Injectors - Hondata Kpro ECU - GReddy Evo TT Exhaust - DC Sports Race Header - Injen CAI - Competition Clutch Stage 4 - Quaife LSD - 280whp
blcksvt2003

ThatOneBigKid wrote:I have had mine on since mid July. No more engine lag when I have my A/C on.
awesome i cant wait for christmas SS new SVT knob, msd ignition, and UDP :) glad to hear no problems or anything from it, thanks
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
ThatOneBigKid

Not a problem. I got the CFM Short throw and the MSD ignition with 8.5 mm wires. Really woke the car up. Now its like it should have been from factory.
2002 RSX Type-S - JRSC - Pulley Boys 3.2" Pulley (9 psi) - RC 750cc Injectors - Hondata Kpro ECU - GReddy Evo TT Exhaust - DC Sports Race Header - Injen CAI - Competition Clutch Stage 4 - Quaife LSD - 280whp
blcksvt2003

ThatOneBigKid wrote:Not a problem. I got the CFM Short throw and the MSD ignition with 8.5 mm wires. Really woke the car up. Now its like it should have been from factory.
nice :) im lookin forward to a nice lil install day, gf will be happy too since i will use my ac more in the summer now, probably half the reason she bought the UDP for me :lol:
ThatOneBigKid

Yea, I love it cause my fiance has my A/C on any time she rides in it during the summer.
spots25

I would only do a UDP if I could get a smaller alternator pulley as well so the alternator still spun the same rpm it did before
00' Kona
blcksvt2003

spots25 wrote:I would only do a UDP if I could get a smaller alternator pulley as well so the alternator still spun the same rpm it did before
was also thinking about the same thing! but instead of throwin on a dif pulley i would just go with a higher output alternator. we'll see how she runs with the UDP first tho
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

spots25 wrote:I would only do a UDP if I could get a smaller alternator pulley as well so the alternator still spun the same rpm it did before
I have an underdrive pulley on my alternator on my Contour. It actually helps the alternator last longer since it's not spinning as fast. Unless you have a big sound system or something else that draws a lot of electricity I don't think I'd worry about it.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I took my UDP off because it really affects the performance of the A/C around town, I honestly didn't notice a huge power difference either.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
blcksvt2003

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:I took my UDP off because it really affects the performance of the A/C around town, I honestly didn't notice a huge power difference either.
please explain "affects performance of a/c" just lookin for a lil more info before i throw it on
bflesher

It may slow down the ac pulley thereby diminishing the effectiveness of the ac.(may not blow as cold). But it also may give a minor boost in mpg and will make your dyno chart look a little better.
blcksvt2003

bflesher wrote:It may slow down the ac pulley thereby diminishing the effectiveness of the ac.(may not blow as cold). But it also may give a minor boost in mpg and will make your dyno chart look a little better.
i can deal with not as cold...gf might be upset haha ,but at least i'll be using it for a change
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

just a thought, is not the factory pully balanced? what about harmonics? :?
Image wink wink.....bitches
bflesher

Not sure but on my zetec i couldn't tell a difference, but the tranny mount, now that was a difference.