New ST Rear Disk Brakes....How to?

For your Ford Focus related discussion
pantera1

I'm sure there is a tool, but I don't have the tool :D

Never have changed rear disk before....tried a C-clamp to push in the piston...no go.

Looks like they screw in, so I tried that. I turned it ALOT but it didn't seem to move much.

Do you need pressure on the piston as you turn it? You guys have any tips/tricks?
05 Pitch Black ST
04 Sangria Red ZTS
01 CD Silver ZX3
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Yup, turn and push.

This is the tool that works best,

Hopefully you didn't hurt anything with the c-clamp.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

would this work? as a cheaper option for him/anyone else if necessary? then again when i had used one before it seemed to slip quite often and wasnt exactly the best thing to work with but...on a budget it did get the job done on my sisters rear brakes.

#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Yep that's the cheap version....
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
closetfordfan
Car: 1996 ram

I used the cube, its a bit of a pain but it work. I used the kit a few time when I worked as a tech; it works awesome but imo its over kill for a diy.
pantera1

I hope the C-clamp didn't hurt anything either.

That cube is a goofy looking tool. I'll call the local O'Riellys to see if they have tool like the cube, or rent/borrow the real tool.

Thanks!
05 Pitch Black ST
04 Sangria Red ZTS
01 CD Silver ZX3
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

If you can wait till monday and get to Tousley, you can borrow mine.......Its a little bit of a drive but its an option
pantera1

FocusMech.73155 wrote:If you can wait till monday and get to Tousley, you can borrow mine.......Its a little bit of a drive but its an option

Thanks for the offer!

One side is done. I used a channel locks pliers (lol) to turn while applying pressure. Must be very carefull not to grab the boot, but it worked.

Can't believe I've never had to change pads and rotors on a set of rear brakes. Guess that's what happens when you drive Fords. :lol:

O'Riellys has the real tool I borrow. Need to run into town, so I'll pick that up for the other side.
05 Pitch Black ST
04 Sangria Red ZTS
01 CD Silver ZX3
pantera1

Parts store had the tool that Steve posted to borrow, but I bought the cube for $9.00. It worked alot better than the channel locks!

Thanks everybody
05 Pitch Black ST
04 Sangria Red ZTS
01 CD Silver ZX3
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

pantera1 wrote:Parts store had the tool that Steve posted to borrow, but I bought the cube for $9.00. It worked alot better than the channel locks!

Thanks everybody

NP, o..And i also am a somewhat new SVT owner n havent done rears yet but am about to, have done ass tons of domestic and import rears and only ever ran into one set of rears that needed this tool, is the svt gonna be like the ST in the rear? i hate those friggen screw in calipers so much..
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake