Choices, Help me decide?

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

hafftrak wrote:
PBZX3 wrote:The cargo area can be tinted a dark as you want. The passenger area including the front and rear door windows can not be more than 50%.
I've read that only applies to trucks and SUVs, cars are 50% for all windows.
This is correct. You tint those back windows darker than 50% you could get tagged for it.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

o2designs wrote:
ScottyK wrote:Pappy prob thinks it is pointless to give me tint advise on a car I am just going to trade off soon anyways. Pretty sure we're keeping this one for a while. Loving every minute of driving it, plus already has lots of little tasteful mods. Plan on keeping it at least 2 years.

Gonna tint either way... 50% legal black all the way around or... I'll ask about the metallic tint too. If that is truly legal, and would be better, I'll go with that. Prob tint sometime this week.

Looking into some summer wheels and tires for next summer too... maybe black or gunmetal with a chrome lip? Will use the ones on there now as a winter set. Thinking of resurfacing and painting them...prob close to the same color.

Metallic or not, if their meter reads anything lower then 50% when your pulled over, your screwed. Metallic IMO, will just draw more attention to it.

Factory, most cars come with 95-90% tint. So when you do 50%, it will scan alittle lower then 50 BTW. But pretty much any cop will let that slide. When the tint is done, to be 100% legal, there is a sticker or seal the tinter puts on that says the tint is MN legal. If you have that, they can't ticket you.

And most doctors won't give a eye presc for tint. There is not way to prove you have sensitive eye issues unles your diagnosed with something acutal.

There is no real way to get around this and do dark tint. I've tried all angles. You can take the advice or run the risk of a 160$+ ticket and fucking up your insurance rates.

And if your interested, I'll sell you my summer wheels. They look brand new, and tires have 85% tread left on them. But I doubt you'll be interested since they don't fit your desc for wheels you want. But good luck with the tint, I'd do 50% and be safe, anything darker on white looks wierd anyway.
I was referring to a tint like this one. It doesn't look like it's tinted as much as regular tint, but this is 35 on this car.

vs regular 35%
ScottyK
Can't remember what he drove to work today
Car: 2005 Liquid Grey Focus ST

o2designs wrote:And if your interested, I'll sell you my summer wheels. They look brand new, and tires have 85% tread left on them. But I doubt you'll be interested since they don't fit your desc for wheels you want. But good luck with the tint, I'd do 50% and be safe, anything darker on white looks wierd anyway.
do you have pictures? and how much too, I suppose... wouldn't be in the market till closer to the summer I think... depends what they look like.

I will brob. do 50% all the way around, but tinters are booked out for a while, so gonna have to wait either way.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I have 35% on my car and it really makes a difference if it's sunny or cloudy or just plain dark out as to how it looks.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Pics of my wheels...

Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
ScottyK

What size are the wheels\tires? Can they be painted black? How much do you want for them? Are there any center caps?
o2designs

They are 18x8/18x9. The owner can paint them any color they want. And Enkei never sold caps with them. But they started making caps, so you can buy the center caps. I have one, but never got the other three. So someone is a1/4 way there.
ScottyK

I'd paint them black and maybe go without the center caps, or try to find some VW ones to retrofit. I think my car is lowered about 2 inches or so... the wheels on there are 17x7's I think... Would the 18's you have fit?

I see the back wheel has some lip sticking out. I know people ride them that way, but I am uneducated on how that works... Are they just as safe as rims that fit normally? Do they hold air the same?

Are they balanced or are any bent? Do they ride straight? Price?
ScottyK

I think 'll hold out for a deal on some gunmetal ones...if yours were gunmetal color, Id definately consider them. Are you going to Campwerks this weekend?
o2designs

ScottyK wrote:I think 'll hold out for a deal on some gunmetal ones...if yours were gunmetal color, Id definately consider them. Are you going to Campwerks this weekend?

Nope
o2designs

Dunno if you looked into these...finally found one in the color I like and manual with AWD. Pretty awesome
found a white M with the white leather package too. ugly wheels tho

EDIT, a better pic of the IS would eventually look like. ha
ScottyK

Kyle, How much would you want for your wheel/tire package?

G2G with some Duluth Dubbers this weekend, there's a nice community up here. Thanks for the VWvortex referral.
ScottyK

Not for sale anymore? I'd be interested and for the right price could pick them up next weekend. LMK.
o2designs

If your interested in them, I'd part ways with them for $1000.

A curb mark showed up on one tho the other day I noticed. Its only about half inch long. Very minimal, I already cleared over it so its not as noticable now.
ScottyK

I'll let you know on Wednesday or Thursday this week.