Just finished on dyno

For your Ford Focus related discussion
OrbitusXpandeR

so I got the car in to the dyno today. Because I started running lean past around 6k we opted not to tune the ecu yet, as he was convinced that I need new injectors because they were pegging out (I honestly don't know), so we just messed with the cams today, but I can't say that I'm disappointed with what we got:

again, this is full exhaust, FRIM, FC cold air, Pro-M MAF, Mild ported cylinder head, Crower Stg II's and CFM UDPs

Greg
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I'm not sure I'm reading that right, is it showing 160whp and around 138 lb ft?

That's really not bad for being untuned, quite good really.

My SVT did 154 whp and 140 lb ft with a decent tune and an SVT head actually outflows an FRPP ported head and I have higher compression.

Wait till you're tuned to be disappointed. I don't think you will be.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
OrbitusXpandeR

it's 159.3hp and 135tq. and I said "I CAN'T say that I'm disappointed." I probably could have worded that better ;) I'm RATHER pleased with the results, it's honestly quite a bit more that I was expecting. And it hasn't actually been tuned on a dyno, but I do have a generic SCT tune in there. Not sure what I'm going to do about that, though. I need bigger injectors and get a billet oil pump to fix the lean issue and let it wind out a little farther, and then i need to decide whether to go back to DB (i was pretty pleased with them) or get a remote tune. Any input?

Greg
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Unless you're revving it past 7500 or so you don't have to worry about the oil pump.

I'd just stick with DB, a remote tune is okay on a relatively stock car but you can't beat a good dyno tune and your car isn't stock.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com