Headlight/blinker issue.

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

So... I got my new HID kit the other day, due to my old one burning out a bulb. I actually ordered a set with BRIGHTS this time. lol
Got it all installed, and the passenger side was "strobing." I asked the company and they said it was a wiring issue in the car. I was like, ok, I guess I'll start thumbing around for it later. Took it all out, and put a pair of stock bulbs in. When I turned the stock on the pass side was really dim... I had these bulbs in prior to installing the HIDs and they worked perfect... so I'm pissed... Where could the problem be located, and how the f* do I fix it...
Also, on the passenger side, ever since this, my turn signal has been acting up. The front won't work (all the time, it does occasionally) and the rear stays on solid the other half...
Could any of this have been cause by my little ditch incident?
Any help would be appreciated...
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Exactly what light kit is this and what wiring mods were required?

Any pics?
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

You have a bad ground.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Pappy wrote:You have a bad ground.

This!

The ground is under the Coolant line/Power steering line on the passenger frame rail, about directly left of the P/S pump, 6mm bolt IIRC.
--John
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Agreed. After doing countless headlight swaps on these lil shits, its most likely a bad ground, or grounded wrong. And also double check the fuses. There is a fuse you need to upgrade when going from stock lights to Mach's. So it might be an issue with that. (dunno if you have mach's, but any HID's could cause the same issues.)
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

iminhell wrote:
Pappy wrote:You have a bad ground.

This!

The ground is under the Coolant line/Power steering line on the passenger frame rail, about directly left of the P/S pump, 6mm bolt IIRC.
Sounds plausable, because I used that one for the HIDs.
I uninstalled the kit and am running my stocks again. The pass side headlight acts dim and the tail turn is on all the time.
Ugh... I'll try it tomorrow...
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

you have a melted relay and or flasher...good goin with the hid install jack ass..........im just fucken with ya, it sounds like a stuck relay and or a bad flasher, i would find a wiring d-gram and start swapping relays around till you find the bad one. also if the dimmness is not from a relay you will have a fuzzy or snapped ground. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

focinite wrote:you have a melted relay and or flasher...good goin with the hid install jack ass..........im just fucken with ya, it sounds like a stuck relay and or a bad flasher, i would find a wiring d-gram and start swapping relays around till you find the bad one. also if the dimmness is not from a relay you will have a fuzzy or snapped ground. 8)
It actually sounds like the running lights/head lamps are looking for a ground by back feeding through the turn signals. Its time to voltage drop the ground side of your lighting system
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

You're all wrong. You need some of this:

Dean

Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

focinite wrote:you have a melted relay and or flasher...good goin with the hid install jack ass..........im just fucken with ya, it sounds like a stuck relay and or a bad flasher, i would find a wiring d-gram and start swapping relays around till you find the bad one. also if the dimmness is not from a relay you will have a fuzzy or snapped ground. 8)
I think I got it.
FocusMech.73155 wrote:
It actually sounds like the running lights/head lamps are looking for a ground by back feeding through the turn signals. Its time to voltage drop the ground side of your lighting system
I cleaned up the ground connection below the coolant tank and the stockers work fine again. I'm going to make a couple new grounds one on either side, when I go to put the HIDs back in. Need to get it into the shop for the body work though and everything will just be torn apart again,
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

hafftrak wrote:You're all wrong. You need some of this:

have you seen the web page? they have o-pipes and elbow grease, also i like the spark plug caps, cus uncontained sparks pose a saftey risk. :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

Yup, KaleCo has the highest quality stuff. :lol:
Dean