stuck axle

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Monkey-Gein
Car: 2007 Black ZX5

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Those aren't the Ford half shaft tools.
The Ford special service tool is a big slide hammer with a 90 degree fork on the end that slips behind the inner end of the shaft.
i seen that too. the other one looks more of what is correct according to everyone (saying go in from the other side and tap it out)
hafftrak wrote:Why did you have to pull the axles?
they've been clickin for some time now at full lock. started out only in R but now all the time. the boots also have been ripped since i got it. well, more like pulled out and mangled. i'm surprised they made it this 70K
A friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so Yeah."
07 zx3 partout viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4607
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Monkey-Gein wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Those aren't the Ford half shaft tools.
The Ford special service tool is a big slide hammer with a 90 degree fork on the end that slips behind the inner end of the shaft.
i seen that too. the other one looks more of what is correct according to everyone (saying go in from the other side and tap it out)
hafftrak wrote:Why did you have to pull the axles?
they've been clickin for some time now at full lock. started out only in R but now all the time. the boots also have been ripped since i got it. well, more like pulled out and mangled. i'm surprised they made it this 70K
Tapping it out from the passengers side is what you do when you don't have the slide hammer :?

I've been down this road more than once.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Yup, as a person that has had his transmission out more than in a slide hammer is the best way to go.
Slower than your stock focus.