clutch died

For your Ford Focus related discussion
cant_focus
Car: 2006 liquid grey hatchbac

Alright so on my way back to school in Grand Forks from the Cities, I think my clutch took a shit. I was shifting into 5th at a normal pace, and the shifter wouldn't go in to fifth. I popped it in N and noticed the clutch had lost all pressure. I had to just jam the car into gear the rest of the way back to school...Could this be just a linkage problem, or do you guys think it might actually be the clutch? I don't drive the car that hard at all, and it only has 41k miles...I hope I can get it fixed in time for the meet..
Jordan
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

When you pushed the clutch in it went straight to the floor? Sounds like a hydraulic issue...
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Anything dripping on your clutch pedal? Could be a bad clutch master, clutch slave or possible a failed pressure plate.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Anything dripping on your clutch pedal? Could be a bad clutch master, clutch slave or possible a failed pressure plate.
A failed pressure plate would still have some resistance when pushing on the pedal. If the pedal went to the floor I would say master, slave, or line
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

A leaky master cylinder and a lack of attention to fluid levels would do it, too.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

hermitmaster wrote:A leaky master cylinder and a lack of attention to fluid levels would do it, too.
thats the problem I'm having right now.
Did the pedal seem soft prior? or just fine? when I test drove my car before I bought it, I was shifting from 2 to 3 and it seemed fine, the pedal stayed on the floor... the slave had died.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Next question is would that be covered under a warrenty?
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
cant_focus

No the pedal was fine prior to it...It literally all happened within 10 seconds on the freeway..scared the hell out of me.
Jordan
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

cant_focus wrote:No the pedal was fine prior to it...It literally all happened within 10 seconds on the freeway..scared the hell out of me.
Slave.
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

Stilz wrote:
cant_focus wrote:No the pedal was fine prior to it...It literally all happened within 10 seconds on the freeway..scared the hell out of me.
Slave.
^ Yep.
cant_focus

The car is being looked at by the Ford dealership here so I should find out what it was exactly within the next few days..
Jordan
cant_focus

So the dealer here said it was the actual clutch. We got it replaced with an oem unit through them. I got the car back today, and the clutch still seems to have absolutely no pressure, plus it randomly died in 2nd driving it back. Also, only half of my gauge cluster works... O_o Guess she's gotta go back again..
Jordan
closetfordfan
Car: 1996 ram

I hope this is warrenty work. If its not give them hell for not fixing it right the first time. Actually give them hell either way. :wink:
cant_focus

closetfordfan wrote:I hope this is warrenty work. If its not give them hell for not fixing it right the first time. Actually give them hell either way. :wink:
Definitely wasn't under warranty...It might just me being a psycho about my car with the pedal not feeling quite right. I've had the car since it was brand new and the clutch behaved much much different driving the car home from the dealer than it did today. And it's still pretty lame they didn't even check the gauges before they said the car was ready to be picked up. Oh well. Shoulda ordered the Exedy Stg1 and carried her home and installed it myself! 8)
Jordan