lil problem

For your Ford Focus related discussion
TwistedTunerz

I have an 01 focus and when I push the gas it studders and the emisions light came on earlyer 2day and I was wondering if anyone had an idea on whats wrong...it has a lil over 25xxx miles so I dont think it would be a cat or anything big so I was wondering if it could just be as simple as a loose sensor or what...any help would b nice
Twisted Tunerz
iamgod
has seen the light

hi...could be a fouled o2 sensor...check your fuel filter too...if you have an aftermarket intake it could be a misread from your MAF...and how the hell do you have an 01 with only 25k on the odo?
TwistedTunerz

this one is my g/f's she got it used with 18x about 8-9 months ago...and now like a week ago it started to studder every once and a while but only in 1st gear and I didnt know if it was a fuel filter or maybe a sensor and then the other thing in the way back of my mind was maybe a stuffed cat. but now I'm thinkin its prob a o2 sensor cus if it was the fuel pump it would do it more often and not just in 1st gear.
Twisted Tunerz
PBZX3

If you can reproduce the problem on command, just take it to Ford, show them the what it does and let them deal with it under warranty.
TwistedTunerz

problem found...misfire on the #3 cly....bad plug or wire...most likely wire...have to c tomorrow cus I had to order it cus no where has them in stock.
Twisted Tunerz
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

I have a '00 focus with 40K, I picked it up in September of last year with 32K.