07 SES Idle/Battery/ABS issues ...

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Glass Joe

2007 SES ZX3 45,000 5-speed 2.0. Highway driven (Eau Claire to River Falls)

Took the car to the Twin Cities and back last night. When I got home, the car was idling high at about 2k. I could use the clutch to bring the RMPs down and they would stay close to where I put them, but if I gave it any gas, the RPMs would hang.

Every time I pressed the brakes in the garage, the ABS light would come on. Releasing the brakes would cause the light turn off.

Twice while sitting there, the battery light flickered.

My wife was driving the car to River Falls this morning, and the gauges all died, but the car was still running. She pulled over and turned the car off to reset the gauges, but it would not start. She ended up getting a jump and was on her way again.

Shortly after getting to River Falls, the car died. Not just gauges this time. She had it towed to a shop and they are going to look at it.

What do you think could be causing this? I thought maybe something to do with air filter/sensor when it was just idle issues, but now Im thinking battery/alternator. When the car is running, its running smooth (no misses, etc).

Any suggestions would be great.
2K4 JRSC SVT // 2K7 SES ZX3
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

Yeah, I would agree with it being the battery/alternator. These cars act funny when the alternator is putting out a lower voltage than it should be.
Dean

Glass Joe

Seems alternator issues are quite common ...

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Focus ... dead.shtml
2K4 JRSC SVT // 2K7 SES ZX3
Monkey-Gein
Car: 2007 Black ZX5

sounds exactly what mine was doing a few months back. they do act funny. get the alt replaced
A friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so Yeah."
07 zx3 partout viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4607