Ported Cylinder Head

For your Ford Focus related discussion
rbrommel

http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordracingcncpor ... rhead.aspx

Hey guys, this is what i'm planning on putting on next. I haven't done anything on my car since last Sept. when i put the new deck in. And it's been a while since it's gotten some performance upgrades. Has anyone on here tackled a new head yet? Any advice or stories i'd appreciate. Thanks guys!
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

Are you going to dyno before and after? I'm curious as to how much power the Ford ported head adds.
Dean

rbrommel

my car was tuned this summer so it has 136 right now at the wheels. I don't plan on tuning or doing a dyno if I don't have to. I don't care to spend the money. I'd rather put the money into more parts than into figuring out what some number is.
rbrommel

Who out there has done cams? I'm planning on doing that as well.But i'm not sure how aggressive to go. I've heard of people getting really aggressive stage 2 3/4-3 cams and then driving it every day sucks. Mine is a DD. So what have you put in and what's been your experience? Thanks!
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

I have crane stage 1's, and they were pretty easy to put in. I didn't notice that much of a power increase, but it drives like stock. :)

Hey does the cosworth intake let you keep the cruise control?Do you have to fab something up to make it work?

-Rom
07 ST S.A.P.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

CleanZX3 wrote:I have crane stage 1's, and they were pretty easy to put in. I didn't notice that much of a power increase, but it drives like stock. :)

Hey does the cosworth intake let you keep the cruise control?Do you have to fab something up to make it work?

-Rom
Rob doesn't need cruise, he lives his life 1/4 mile at a time. :lol:
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
rbrommel

For those ten seconds or less, nothing matters, not the shop, not the guys and all their bullshit.

Yeah the Cossie Manifold made me disconnect my cruise. There is a bracket you can buy from cosworth that lets you reconnect it, it's like $120. I haven't gotten the piece yet personally.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

im sorry to tell you any modification that changes the air fuel will require some sort of tune, either to get the full advantage from the mod or to fool the pcm into calculating the proper fuel and air and timing and a million other what nots. if you go with a after market head and cams or just hog out the stock head and add cams you should get injectors to keep up with fuel and a recalibrated MAF to go with the injectors. either way you need the soft ware to go with the hard ware or your hard earned money will be strewen about the highway. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
rbrommel

Good to know, thanks, i'll check into that. I was originally wanting a turbo but just can't swing $3200+ but with a tune my head and cams would be just as much.... hmmmm......