Quiet Please!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

ClOckwOrkSVT wrote:you would hate me if you dont like loud exhaust. sounds like you are lacking balls.
Let's see: Loud exhaust = big balls. Hmmm? Does that mean all those twerps with their boom-boom, ultra-bass, window rattling, sound systems have big cajones? And anyone who isn't deaf (or making other people deaf) have little tiny ones? :lol:
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

oldoutboardjim wrote:
ClOckwOrkSVT wrote:you would hate me if you dont like loud exhaust. sounds like you are lacking balls.
Let's see: Loud exhaust = big balls. Hmmm? Does that mean all those twerps with their boom-boom, ultra-bass, window rattling, sound systems have big cajones? And anyone who isn't deaf (or making other people deaf) have little tiny ones? :lol:
wow really? settle down there guy, were not starting a fight here, were just voicing our opinions. YES, clockwork was a little off with his statement, but I'm sure he meant nothing by it. You already got your answer with the stealth exhaust anyways from O2 and Pappy; also focinite was discussing something with you, and all I see if complaining about all the little comments. Yes, I made a stupid comment too, but thats because a lot of people over react, and I like to push buttons. Especially the BIG RED ones!! hehe. well whatever. :) If you have a problem with the little comments, then ignore them... not hard to do.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Stilz wrote:
oldoutboardjim wrote:
wow really? settle down there guy, were not starting a fight here, were just voicing our opinions. YES, clockwork was a little off with his statement, but I'm sure he meant nothing by it. You already got your answer with the stealth exhaust anyways from O2 and Pappy; also focinite was discussing something with you, and all I see if complaining about all the little comments. Yes, I made a stupid comment too, but thats because a lot of people over react, and I like to push buttons. Especially the BIG RED ones!! hehe. well whatever. :) If you have a problem with the little comments, then ignore them... not hard to do.
yer a habitual line stepper aint ya? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
focinite

oldoutboardjim wrote:
ahhhemmmm .....i have 2600 watts of ear splitting power, also with a twist of the happy knobs i can shake tool on my garge wall. 8) but this has nothing to do with the size of ma gibblets, i just like to have a very good sounding system, the fact that it will flex my doors and make my parcell shelf flop around is a mute point. and yes i am going deaf, i work with air tools and i listen to my music loud, but that makes it harder for the bull ish to get through. :lol: :lol:
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon

focinite wrote:
oldoutboardjim wrote:
ahhhemmmm .....i have 2600 watts of ear splitting power, also with a twist of the happy knobs i can shake tool on my garge wall. 8) but this has nothing to do with the size of ma gibblets, i just like to have a very good sounding system, the fact that it will flex my doors and make my parcell shelf flop around is a mute point. and yes i am going deaf, i work with air tools and i listen to my music loud, but that makes it harder for the bull ish to get through. :lol: :lol:
There's an old Roman proverb: Taste is not to be disputed. I don't have any heartburn with what you're doing (although it is difficult to hold a conversation with someone who is hard of hearing :D ).
Anyway, I guess I'm just getting old. I like excellent sound too - just not as loud as I used to.
"Old Guy's" SVT:
Build #879 of 1,978
focinite

its weird that you find the stock svt system too harsh, i wounder if the muffler/resinator got burned out quicker do to the boost and added heat? in the svt system i have found the resinator does all the muffling anf the actuall muffler just changes tone. i removed the resionator on mine and it made it sound like an old johnson out board, so i put it back on, i still may remove the muffler or just build a whole cat back, dont know, but for me the stock svt exhaust is almost to quite. 8)
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon

focinite wrote:its weird that you find the stock svt system too harsh, i wounder if the muffler/resinator got burned out quicker do to the boost and added heat? in the svt system i have found the resinator does all the muffling anf the actuall muffler just changes tone. i removed the resionator on mine and it made it sound like an old johnson out board, so i put it back on, i still may remove the muffler or just build a whole cat back, dont know, but for me the stock svt exhaust is almost to quite. 8)
It's not horribly loud. It's just that Focus cabins are not particularly quiet. I'm not sure, but I don't think it has changed much during the 65,000 miles that I've driven it.
"Old Guy's" SVT:
Build #879 of 1,978
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

oldoutboardjim wrote:
focinite wrote:its weird that you find the stock svt system too harsh, i wounder if the muffler/resinator got burned out quicker do to the boost and added heat? in the svt system i have found the resinator does all the muffling anf the actuall muffler just changes tone. i removed the resionator on mine and it made it sound like an old johnson out board, so i put it back on, i still may remove the muffler or just build a whole cat back, dont know, but for me the stock svt exhaust is almost to quite. 8)
It's not horribly loud. It's just that Focus cabins are not particularly quiet. I'm not sure, but I don't think it has changed much during the 65,000 miles that I've driven it.
What about adding some sound deadening?
07 ST S.A.P.
goinloco1

what I've been seeing alot of people do to quiet their cars is go to the hardware store and buy the self adhesive 1' carpet squares. under the back seat is bare and a few other places back there, get alot of road noise and such.
TS07ZX3
Car: 2007 Focus SE Hatch

or you could remove the interior and get a good layer of dynamat installed.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

Simple fix... Buy a Prius.
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEI'MGAY!
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
HilloNative
Car: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

Stilz wrote:Simple fix... Buy a Prius.
Prius are gay.
Nacidos Ford... Nacidos Fuerte...
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon

goinloco1 wrote:what I've been seeing alot of people do to quiet their cars is go to the hardware store and buy the self adhesive 1' carpet squares. under the back seat is bare and a few other places back there, get alot of road noise and such.
Wow! I remember those carpet squares from the 70's! Especially the Orange and Avocado Green ones! Far out! I hope they still have them in shag. Anybody got a spare shag rake available?
"Old Guy's" SVT:
Build #879 of 1,978
focinite

oldoutboardjim wrote:
goinloco1 wrote:what I've been seeing alot of people do to quiet their cars is go to the hardware store and buy the self adhesive 1' carpet squares. under the back seat is bare and a few other places back there, get alot of road noise and such.
Wow! I remember those carpet squares from the 70's! Especially the Orange and Avocado Green ones! Far out! I hope they still have them in shag. Anybody got a spare shag rake available?
this is a good idea only if you plan on getting a van with a wizard fighting a dragon mural painted on it. :lol: