looking for a good machine shop

For your Ford Focus related discussion
OrbitusXpandeR

I'm in the military, stationed in hawaii, and moving back home to the minnetonka area pretty soon here. As i've been nearing my ETS date i've been buying up parts to throw on the focus when i get back to keep myself busy while i'm looking for a job. Among those parts was a mildly ported stock head that i'm going to be throwing some high-lift custom grind cams into. Now I just need to find a trustworthy machine shop to take it to to give it a once over and possibly open it up a little more as well. Anyone know of a place they can recommend? As i said, i'll be back in the minnetonka area, but going on a small road-trip doesn't bother me that much. thanks in advance.

Greg
Steve@Tasca
Midget

You could look up Tesar engineering, They build a lot of racing engines.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
OrbitusXpandeR

wow, i had no idea they were there. they seemed pretty squared away when i talked to them, thanks for the heads up.

greg
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

My engine was done at B&A Cylinder Head in Anoka. Since my wastegate didn't work (I didn't know it at the time) the engine held on the dyno as it more than maxed out my 20 PSI boost gauge. :lol: Good guys too.
Slower than your stock focus.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

OrbitusXpandeR wrote:wow, i had no idea they were there. they seemed pretty squared away when i talked to them, thanks for the heads up.

greg
When I was a teenager living in Minnetoka Tesar ran their shop out of a 2 1/2 car garage behind their house and it was just the old man and his sons running the place.

I believe it was Mike and Todd Tesar, they did the machine work on my old big block Buick motors. Really good guys.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

What are you, Marine? Know a PFC(?) Schueller (I think that's how it's spelled)? That's a friend of mine stationed in Hawaii. He had a Del Slow there, but know he's pickin up a 90 GSX.
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

Louis Zerr wrote:My engine was done at B&A Cylinder Head in Anoka. Since my wastegate didn't work (I didn't know it at the time) the engine held on the dyno as it more than maxed out my 20 PSI boost gauge. :lol: Good guys too.
B&A moved to Blaine off of hwy65 just south of 99th ave. But yes Matt does great cyl head work.

- Josh
Pitch Black

HAHA tom you like FS Werks tune?

i think someone just failed