No more rear tire rub!!!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
focinite wrote:well with that attatude, no wounder ya lost!?!?!?! :lol:

I've got 95k on my original notoriously weak stock SVT clutch and flywheel and you expect me to launch it hard on the grippy France ave concrete? :shock:

I think not.

Besides, I didn't lose. I had him accelerating, he just had more on the freeway ramp which should be fully expected given the setups of the two cars.
and then?!?!?! i gots like 46k on my awsomely weak clutch and i drive it like i hate it, corse i aint got that pesky traction control slash hyperactive ABS to fight aginst either. and yes i expect you to launch it, bring it up to 2500-3000 and let the clutch do its thing, youd be suprised how well it works. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
Steve@Tasca
Midget

focinite wrote: i gots like 46k on my awsomely weak clutch and i drive it like i hate it, corse i aint got that pesky traction control slash hyperactive ABS to fight aginst either. and yes i expect you to launch it, bring it up to 2500-3000 and let the clutch do its thing, youd be suprised how well it works. 8)

You drive yours any way you like, I want to keep mine going as long as possible before tearing into the clutch replacement.

BTW-I don't have traction control :P
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
focinite wrote: i gots like 46k on my awsomely weak clutch and i drive it like i hate it, corse i aint got that pesky traction control slash hyperactive ABS to fight aginst either. and yes i expect you to launch it, bring it up to 2500-3000 and let the clutch do its thing, youd be suprised how well it works. 8)

You drive yours any way you like, I want to keep mine going as long as possible before tearing into the clutch replacement.

BTW-I don't have traction control :P
well lah-tee-daa aint you mr fantsie pant-a-lon-es, did you get that deprogramed or did you get a cali car? 8) plus i dont know how some of theses people frag the clutch like they do? i have an 02 and if i remmember correctly that would put me dirrectly in the middle of the issue date. unless these guys/girls are going from reverse to dump clutch in first......hells i had mine clickin for like 45 mins, sitting there idling whilest i was chewin the fat wiff da buddies, therrrr all like dude your car is gonna blow up, and im like no its sposta do that(all while its doing the super rally cross idle, you know the buluuubbbdda, bllllluuubbbbbbiidaaaaa,cxooooush,bluubbbida , idle and the cluth is going clickity,clickity,clikty,click,clkity.) :lol:
Steve@Tasca
Midget

focinite wrote:well lah-tee-daa aint you mr fantsie pant-a-lon-es, did you get that deprogramed or did you get a cali car? 8) plus i dont know how some of theses people frag the clutch like they do? i have an 02 and if i remmember correctly that would put me dirrectly in the middle of the issue date. unless these guys/girls are going from reverse to dump clutch in first......hells i had mine clickin for like 45 mins, sitting there idling whilest i was chewin the fat wiff da buddies, therrrr all like dude your car is gonna blow up, and im like no its sposta do that(all while its doing the super rally cross idle, you know the buluuubbbdda, bllllluuubbbbbbiidaaaaa,cxooooush,bluubbbida , idle and the cluth is going clickity,clickity,clikty,click,clkity.) :lol:

Not Cali, Mines from Georgia. First few times I washed it there was red mud coming out of everywhere. :lol:

All SVT's got the exact same clutch from the factory, the 02's just happen to be the oldest so they ran into the issues first.

BTW-Mine doesn't rattle. 8)

ClOckwOrkSVT

all i heard was blah blah blah blah i'll take you both down and get whatever line i want cuz i'd be there wayyyyyyy before joo'

:lol: don't get all salty about it now guys. just playin
Steve@Tasca
Midget

ClOckwOrkSVT wrote:all i heard was blah blah blah blah i'll take you both down and get whatever line i want cuz i'd be there wayyyyyyy before joo'

Well if you want to run 3.0 sixes I got a challenge for you :twisted: and the car is older than I am with only two valves per cylinder, pushrods and carburetors 8)

FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
ClOckwOrkSVT wrote:all i heard was blah blah blah blah i'll take you both down and get whatever line i want cuz i'd be there wayyyyyyy before joo'

Well if you want to run 3.0 sixes I got a challenge for you :twisted: and the car is older than I am with only two valves per cylinder, pushrods and carburetors 8)
I will take that challenge Steve, however if its all right with you I would like to use a 4 cylinder thats 21 years old.(hey its old enough to drink)
Steve@Tasca
Midget

FocusMech.73155 wrote: I will take that challenge Steve, however if its all right with you I would like to use a 4 cylinder thats 21 years old.(hey its old enough to drink)
And which car would that be Dave? We all know which car I'm referring to. 8)

FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

Just a little 1988.5 Porsche 951 (944 turbo) with dyno results of 380whp. Let me know if you want to go.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

FocusMech.73155 wrote:Just a little 1988.5 Porsche 951 (944 turbo) with dyno results of 380whp. Let me know if you want to go.
Maybe from a roll just for fun, The Healey should have a pretty significant weight advantage but it is 50 years old and normally aspirated.

ClOckwOrkSVT

i'd enjoy losing to your daddy's car. either way, its still daddy's. we'd both look good racin em either way! :lol:
Steve@Tasca
Midget

ClOckwOrkSVT wrote:i'd enjoy losing to your daddy's car. either way, its still daddy's. we'd both look good racin em either way! :lol:
Yeah, dads car but it's got as much of my blood into it over the years as his. We just had the engine out again last Saturday to fix a blown out core plug.

I learned to drive a clutch in his first Healey 8)

focinite

yeah and while yer 6 is over heating cus the water pump belt fell off and one of yer 60 gabillion lower radiator hoses blew up, ill be driving home with a slower car. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ClOckwOrkSVT

neither of those things ever happen? i'm confused. i don't have an oil cooler so i only have one lower radiator hose, the two small uppers that go to the pump and to the block, and the two heater core lines. :lol: i have like the cleanest simplest 3L swap ever. plus i have a 168 degree thermostat and the hi/low fans were turned down 30 degrees and the timing tables were pulled down to a 1 degree range of adjustment per temperature so i could probably make it home before it got hot and never have it pull timing hahahahhahahahahaha! :lol:
focinite

ClOckwOrkSVT wrote:neither of those things ever happen? i'm confused. i don't have an oil cooler so i only have one lower radiator hose, the two small uppers that go to the pump and to the block, and the two heater core lines. :lol: i have like the cleanest simplest 3L swap ever. plus i have a 168 degree thermostat and the hi/low fans were turned down 30 degrees and the timing tables were pulled down to a 1 degree range of adjustment per temperature so i could probably make it home before it got hot and never have it pull timing hahahahhahahahahaha! :lol:
just funnin, i have worked on soooooooo many contours that it makes my head spin, with the 2.5 i devised a simple way of removing the lower hose assembly........loosen all clamps, find a good leverage spot, take long pry bar and yank and swear tell they come out. also i love when the plastic imppeler in the water pump comes loose from the steel shaft," its over heating and i dont know why". :lol: