Cupped Tires = Alignment Problem

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I just think it's odd that two different Foci had the exact same issue with the F1's on cars with decent alignment.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

I'm no expert on alignment, and how much misalignment is necessary to cause tire problems. I can tell you this: The F1's were so loud (even at <15MPH) that I was seriously thinking of getting a car that isn't so blasted loud! One of the F1's is worn out (inside), one has some cupping (inside) but is still okay, and two are still good (~50% tread).
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

My F1's did the same thing, all 4 corners did it. I'm kinda bummed about it since they were a pretty nice tire for hard driving..
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

This is not the first time I've heard these issues with F1's....I just stay away from GoodYear...
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

FocusMech.73155 wrote:Going on what you said in your first post, that your alignment was only out a degree. A degree out in toe, camber, or caster is a lot. That would have caused a significant problem with your tires. I have the FRPP spring and strut kit which basiclly does a 4" body drop in the rear and that only changed my camber by 1 degree. Without actually looking at your tires I can't tell you what caused your cupping, however that alignment being that far out would definately cause it.
get a pro tactor and look at how big a degree is, i know as it gets farthe from the adjustment point it will grow larger but in most cases 1 degree in caster,camber,toe is not huge. look at the twin I beam setups, they want almost a full degree of caster split.
Image wink wink.....bitches