Manual swap ????????

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Monkey-Gein
Car: 2007 Black ZX5

i want a stick and want to avoid buying another car and getting the performance parts all over again. so, i'm kicking around doing the swap to my 07. i don't know what it'll take to do it and that's why i'm posting. who can help me, actually me help you do it. i'd pay accordingly (due to me helping) for this. not ready yet, just throwing it out to get info.

1. what parts would be needed?
2. estimated cost
3. what would need to be done
4. estimated cost
5. anyone willing
6. compensation
7. put in a LSD
8. how long would it take
9. i have a SCT X3 for the auto, could i still use it if converted to stick?
A friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so Yeah."
07 zx3 partout viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4607
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

I'm looking at doing this also, there is some good info here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/show ... p?t=153256
Dean

ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

LSD probably not worth it unless you plan some major (300+) hp #'s in the future.
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

the easiset way of doing the swap is..........get a crashed car with the drive trine intackt. my car was a twin cam auto, now its a svt engine and trans. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
ClOckwOrkSVT

yeah to run the hydraulic clutch you have to get the lines and such from the brake system, you might need the whole master cylinder for it to work? you are better off getting a whole car. you have to weld in the new shifter tower (inside the car i mean) need shift cables, clutch pedal assembly, and the trans/shift tower/axles/etc. its kinda a lengthy project too, so if its your only car that might pose a problem.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

ClOckwOrkSVT wrote:yeah to run the hydraulic clutch you have to get the lines and such from the brake system, you might need the whole master cylinder for it to work? you are better off getting a whole car. you have to weld in the new shifter tower (inside the car i mean) need shift cables, clutch pedal assembly, and the trans/shift tower/axles/etc. its kinda a lengthy project too, so if its your only car that might pose a problem.
to swap a stick into a focus rquires no welding at all, its all bolt in, the intire swap will bolt in, its just tradin parts fer parts, ford is huge on modular everthing. i did the whole auto to svt swap with out any real power tools, no real cuttin, absolutely no welding(for the swap).funny thing is im usint the auto center consoule, the shifter boot is made to fit the hole. the shit cables run the same hole as the auto. the shifter it self bolts to where the auto stick bolts to. if you swap from a 3 door to a 3door or even a 4 0r 5 door its just like legoes. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
cohenj87
Car: 2003 black zx3 eap svt

if you have a 3 door i will have every part from my svt here for sale in a little while. my drive train is in great condition.
black 03 svt eap with black recaros & bumpin system
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

cohenj87 wrote:if you have a 3 door i will have every part from my svt here for sale in a little while. my drive train is in great condition.
I don't think the Getrag fits the duratec...
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten