SVTF Alignment

For your Ford Focus related discussion
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

Well, I got an all-wheel alignment last Friday at Tousley Ford. Turns out the Toe Out was
-0.27 degrees (left side) and -0.24 degrees (right side). This accounts for the excessive inside wear on the fronts, especially the left.

I'm convinced the cupping is a result of the Goodyear F1's. I will never buy another set of those, thank you. Funny, but while I was waiting for my car to be aligned, I went into the showroom, and they had a Shelby 500KR (price reduced to $70,000+, and cheap at twice the price). Guess what tires the Shelby has? Goodyear F1's!
By the way, the rear wheel alignment was 'spot on' (as the Brits say). No adjustment necessary there.
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

just so you know it is almost unlikely that toe will wear an inner or outer edge of a tire.
do this to humor me. take yer hands and in front of you put them in karate chop fashion( thumb knuckel pointing at you and pinky away from you) now tilt from the wrist twords and away, this is caster this effects your steering feel and steering retun, and may pull twords the more negetive. now tilting at the wrist again but fingers twords and away from each other, this is camber this will wear inner and outer edges it also effects turn response and overall handling, this will also pull to the most negitive. now rotating at the wrist pinky twords and away from each other, this toe, toe is the relation of the wheels to the steering wheel, toe will always find a happy place, if toe is out but the split is equal you have a krooked steering wheel, if rear toe is out then front toe is not right. in severe examples toe will make the tire leave the pavement, but you wont be able to drive the car this way so its pointless. caster will never wear tires, camber will wear edges, toe will scuff a tire smooth. and your toe bing a 1/4 degree out equals a 1/2 in the split and still that aint nothing to get all worked up about. you will continue to have wear issues, you shoulda wadded up yer money and threw it in the trash. its a combination of poor quality tire, with poor tire controll. id would recogmend first some shocks/struts, then tires, then as funny as it sounds the sway bars are set with a good amount of preload on the foci, id look into the contiton of the links front and rear. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches