Cams and cold weather starting

For your Ford Focus related discussion
PBZX3

I am just about ready to order up some cams and am wondering how they effect cold weather starts. Can you tell me what cams you have and how they work in the cold.
Dead10

Not sure yet, dont have my stg1 in yet. I dont think any one has compalints about cold weather starts with cams. tho i dont watch all forums like a hawk so i could have missed something

Dead10
PBZX3

The reason I ask is because at low rpms with to much over lap you will be dumping exhaust gas into your intake manifold reducing the amount of air on the next intake stroke. This will effect cold weather operation but just wondering how much and how aggressive a person can go before it becomes a problem.
Pitch Black

i have crower 2s. if its cold. like cold cold it takes a good 30 sec. of turning over. but it goes. but thats when its cold. like now with the mid 20s its ok. starts right up
PBZX3

Thanks Pitch. I figured at some point there would be problems with a big cam and cold weather. Just didn't know how big. So Crower 2's are pushing the limit? I'll probably go with the FR2's. A little less lift and a shorter duration should be good for our extreme weather. They seem to be a pretty good compromise between power and drivability.
iamgod
has seen the light

i got crower II's and they lope hard for a couple seconds but alwqays a quickstart