Exhaust recommendations?

For your Ford Focus related discussion
ford06
Car: Black 01 Merc. Cougar C2

So I am still deciding between the ZX3 or Jakes SVT. Id prefer the SVT. but I cant the exhaust system I wanted. I origanally wanted the FSWerks Race exhaust system. I love the way it sounds....but you cant get it for the SVT. any ideas on something close to the sound and price for the SVT???
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

ZX3 exhaust system will work with a SVT.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
ford06

ok. cuz it said on line that it wouldnt work for the SVT.
frankjt96
Car: 1995 F-150, 83 GTI

You're gonna modify where the exhaust connects to the flex pipe. The SVT piping is a bit bigger I believe.
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13
ford06

see this is why I ask on here, cuz you all know more about the car then i do. i can do the easy crap like changing tires, battery, oil, fluids, ect. little easy things. lol I'm not a supermechanic like most of you are on here.
frankjt96
Car: 1995 F-150, 83 GTI

You'll learn. The best way to learn is to just dive into things, I use to have a BMW, I took that car apart more times then I can remember. When I started I didn't know a thing about them, when I was done I knew that car inside and out!
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13
ford06

I dont have a car that i can really mess with...but the end of july I'll be getting my old car back... its a 95 Sable... so I'll prolly try messing with that car. if i screw it up, no big deal.
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

frankjt96 wrote:You'll learn. The best way to learn is to just dive into things, I use to have a BMW, I took that car apart more times then I can remember. When I started I didn't know a thing about them, when I was done I knew that car inside and out!
Amen. Dive in a touch over your head, you'll learn something out of it. Just know what your limits are so you don't screw something up completely.

And by the way, not all of us are mechanical geniuses. I'm OK with basic maintenance, but not great. Give me some car audio, however, and the OCD comes out.
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
ford06

tgnorman wrote:
frankjt96 wrote:You'll learn. The best way to learn is to just dive into things, I use to have a BMW, I took that car apart more times then I can remember. When I started I didn't know a thing about them, when I was done I knew that car inside and out!
Amen. Dive in a touch over your head, you'll learn something out of it. Just know what your limits are so you don't screw something up completely.

And by the way, not all of us are mechanical geniuses. I'm OK with basic maintenance, but not great. Give me some car audio, however, and the OCD comes out.
be warned i may take you up on help with the car audio!
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

... and if you do dive in too deep just ask for help. Few of us are pretty good with these cars.

But yes, ZX3 exhaust will fit the svt. You may have to slot the flange on the new side slightly. Bench vise and drill bit will work.

Here is where it may have to be slotted:

And here is a good link to how to install exhaust --> http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/t ... index.html
--John
ford06

awesome thanks!
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

iminhell wrote:... and if you do dive in too deep just ask for help. Few of us are pretty good with these cars.

But yes, ZX3 exhaust will fit the svt. You may have to slot the flange on the new side slightly. Bench vise and drill bit will work.

Here is where it may have to be slotted:

And here is a good link to how to install exhaust --> http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/t ... index.html
what a guy!!!!! 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches