SVT brakes are in!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
MNiceGuy
Car: 2005 Pitch Black ZX5

So somewhere along the line I warped the hell out of the rotors on my '05. Not really sure because I'm normally pretty kind to my car and there was a good amount of pad left (let's call it 40%) despite the 84K miles.

I decided to go with the FRPP SVT kit from Steve (thanks Steve) and got it all in tonight. Pretty simple job really since the '05+ knuckles don't need to be swapped. I didn't know this but the '05 calipers are almost identical to size and layout as the SVT versions while the ones on my girlfriend's '03 SE seem smaller.

When it's all said and done there was definitely a wow factor with the difference in performance. I don't know if it's because I've been driving with warped, chattery brakes for a little while or if it's all just in my head but I'll still say you SVT guys don't realize how good you have it! :) It just seems like the brakes are so much more responsive and aggressive then the stockers were.

PLUS:

The engine ticking has been resolved by Apple Valley Ford after they replaced the intake manifold! Turns out it was one of those little do-dads (can't remember what it's called now) in there that had rattled itself loose as was making a racket.

All in all a good couple days for the Focus!
Steve@Tasca
Midget

MNiceGuy wrote:you SVT guys don't realize how good you have it! :)
Oh yes we do, I've owned two normal ZX3's besides my SVT so I'm quite aware of how nice the SVT brakes are 8)

Glad to hear you're happy with them.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

How hard is it to swap the SVT brakes into the 05+'s? Any really big hurdles?
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Just time, cash and/or mechanical ability.

focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
Oh yes we do, I've owned two normal ZX3's besides my SVT so I'm quite aware of how nice the SVT brakes are 8)

ppppfpfpgbbbshhhhhhhhhh what eva! the small brakes are good for makin stinky stops, and the drums are fantabulious!!!!!!!!! aint nothing i like more than stinky brake fade comming into a ninety degree right hander and havin to downshift 40 kabillion times cus ma brakes are out to lunch :shock:
Image wink wink.....bitches
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

focinite wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:

ppppfpfpgbbbshhhhhhhhhh what eva! the small brakes are good for makin stinky stops, and the drums are fantabulious!!!!!!!!! aint nothing i like more than stinky brake fade comming into a ninety degree right hander and havin to downshift 40 kabillion times cus ma brakes are out to lunch :shock:
That does explain why the SVTs have better brakes...ever tried to engine brake one? All it does is make noise...
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
Steve@Tasca
Midget

focinite wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote: aint nothing i like more than stinky brake fade comming into a ninety degree right hander and havin to downshift 40 kabillion times cus ma brains are out to lunch :shock:
Fixed that for ya. :lol:

grocerygetter
Car: 2006 Infra Red X3

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
focinite wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote: aint nothing i like more than stinky brake fade comming into a ninety degree right hander and havin to downshift 40 kabillion times cus ma brains are out to lunch :shock:

ooh that's a good one Steve! :D
Looking to homebrew Supercharge my car, me and Corky Bell.
MNiceGuy
Car: 2005 Pitch Black ZX5

They're not that hard to install at all. I've done brakes before but even so I took my fine sweet time and all went well. The only minor glitch I ran into was getting the passenger line off the hard line. After that just throw the car up on stands, take the wheels off, flush out the old fluid, bleed each corner, and you're all done.

lol focinite. For the record though the '05-07 brakes are not the worst I've experienced on a car like ours. I had a Probe GT (insert Probe joke here) back in the day and Ford used the same front rotor/caliper setup across the entire range of Probes. Better yet the base models were available with 14" steelies so in order to get everything to fit in there Ford just put some pizza cutters in there. THOSE were scary brakes.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
focinite wrote:
what now you think cus yer daughter is cute , you are as well? :lol: no a while back a friend of mine had a rocket and we where being stupid out in st francise, there is a set od 90 degree switch backs goin down hill and then a long sweeper going up, after trying to scare him i managed to melt my front pads....stupid yes, fun .....very.
Image wink wink.....bitches