Need advice with dealership

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
MNiceGuy
Car: 2005 Pitch Black ZX5

To make a long story short I took my car in for a cold start ticking sound coming from the engine. Yesterday, after over a month and two attempts, I get the call that the car is ready to go.

They told me to wait outside and my car would be pulled around and when they did the ticking sound was obviously still there. I went inside and grabbed my service writer and we both went outside. There was no denying the sound was still there as it was loud enough hear over our conversation.

Looking at the service notes it looks like one tappet was replaced although I was told numerous times that there were three that were out of spec. The mechanic wrote that when he re-measured the other two they were "fine".

I got an apology and he wanted to take my car back right then and put me into another loaner. At that point after over a month and two failed attempts I did not want to just turn my car over for another potential long stay at the dealership.

Also, it looks like someone spilled oil on the plastic in front of the windshield on the passenger side so that is now stained.

What are my options at this point?
endblockclip8
Car: 2001 Black ZX3

I'd walk away from that dealership. Find one you can trust and that you are happy with. Once you do make sure they know it as well. My old dealership knew me by name and it was nice to know they actually cared about my car and it just wans't another paycheck rolling in.

I just moved to this area so I can't help you much on finding one. I only know of Tousley Ford in White Bear which will be the dealership I go to when needed.
2005 ZX3
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I'd say you should ask them to replace the oil stained part and take it to another dealership for the ticking. What dealership had the car?

This may be a dumb question but have you compared the way yours sounds to another car with that engine?

If you have the car back and want to swing by here again I can take a listen and we could fire up a couple cars on the lost to see how they sound.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
MNiceGuy

I was originally going to bring it to Tousley but I decided to stay closer to home. The problem with packing up and taking it to Tousley as this point is the fact my warranty has a deductible which was paid the first time I brought my car there. It was waived the second time and would be waived the third time. I don't want to have to pay another $100 when the problem relating to the first deductible payment hasn't been resolved.
MNiceGuy

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:I'd say you should ask them to replace the oil stained part and take it to another dealership for the ticking. What dealership had the car?

This may be a dumb question but have you compared the way yours sounds to another car with that engine?

If you have the car back and want to swing by here again I can take a listen and we could fire up a couple cars on the lost to see how they sound.
Apple Valley Ford.

The car never used to do it; it's something that became apparent over time. My girlfriend's Zetec doesn't do it but that's not a direct comparison. Thanks Steve I have something going on tomorrow morning but maybe I'll run up there in the late afternoon or early next week.
MNiceGuy

Here are some pics. My car is dirty as all get out so I thought I'd just snap a quick one.

Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

The "spill" looks like it came from under the hood to me. The mechanic might of had a quart of oil he was using and when it came to wrenching he bumped it. My wifes dura-crap does the same thing, or at least from what she's been saying, but then again my svt sounds like a desiel. Heh... Good luck to ya man. To save cash, select a different mechanic, or if avf has "teams" like tously does, then switch teams. Otherwise I'd say suck up the $100 and bring it to tously where it will get done correctly the first time.
Monkey-Gein
Car: 2007 Black ZX5

i never had big probs with AVF. but it happens. i noticed a light tiking in all my foci (01, got at 52000, 07 new, and 07 at 7300). i'm curiouse to hear it. i'd definetly bitch bout the oil. take care of it then. i'm still pissed art them for breaking my CAI (it was lakeville AF). if you want to switch dealers, i'd suggest tously just cause we know people on here that care. but you know you can bring it to any ASE cert shop. you deduct either shouldn't need to be paid agin or should be refunded by AVF if you choose a different shop.. GGL homie
A friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so Yeah."
07 zx3 partout viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4607
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

I know that there is a service message Ford put out that has a loud ticking from under the hood. I just tried looking it up with my vin but i was unable to find it. That message says that the noise is coming from the fuel injectors. I am not saying that your's is but that might be somewhere to look. If you would want me to you could P.M. me your Vin and I can check and see if it is on yours. Mine is a 2007 ST with a 2.3L so it doesn't have some of the problems that the 2.0L's have.
frankjt96
Car: 1995 F-150, 83 GTI

who was your Service writer, and who was the mech.?
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13
ScottyK
Can't remember what he drove to work today
Car: 2005 Liquid Grey Focus ST

[quote="MNiceGuy"]Here are some pics. My car is dirty as all get out so I thought I'd just snap a quick one.

The dealer should be responsible for this oil stain, no questions asked. I would definately go back to this dealer, have them fix their mess...then go to another dealer/mechanic that you KNOW you can trust.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

I have been useing North Country Ford in Coon Rapids and I have been very satisfied with them.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

Patalrob wrote:I have been useing North Country Ford in Coon Rapids and I have been very satisfied with them.
When there was a recall on the 00 and 01 focus for the fuel pump and pickup, North Country wanted to charge me labor and parts for the fuel filter, they said it needed to be replaced as part of the recall but the recall didn't cover the fuel filter.

Said fuck that, took it to elk river instead and they covered everything under the recall.

only two stealerships i'll take it to now is elk river or tousley.

- Josh
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

umdivx wrote:
Patalrob wrote:I have been useing North Country Ford in Coon Rapids and I have been very satisfied with them.
When there was a recall on the 00 and 01 focus for the fuel pump and pickup, North Country wanted to charge me labor and parts for the fuel filter, they said it needed to be replaced as part of the recall but the recall didn't cover the fuel filter.

Said fuck that, took it to elk river instead and they covered everything under the recall.

only two stealerships i'll take it to now is elk river or tousley.

- Josh
Thats not right..... :?

I'll stop by Elk river next time i'm through town. I'm due for an oil change
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
MNiceGuy

frankjt96 wrote:who was your Service writer, and who was the mech.?
My service writer was Chris and I must say he was quite good. He kept me up to date and really none of this is his fault. I don't know the mechanic to be honest.

The more I think about it the more I want to take it to Tousley. Is there any way I could contact Ford (my warranty is through them) and have them waive the deductible at Tousley?

However I do understand mistakes happen and would be willing to give AVF another shot as long as it didn't turn into another dragged out, month long endeavor. I'm not sure why the repairs that were made took so long and I'm not going to speculate but I know one person that had an engine replaced and another that had a transmission replaced in less time; 10 days and 14 days respectively.

Are situations like this negotiable? I know I'm not really being put out because they are providing a loaner but at the same time I don't like being responsible for other people's cars.