Any fans of Top Gear?

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
MNiceGuy
Car: 2005 Pitch Black ZX5

I got my hands on some of the more recent seasons and I love it! Personally I find their 'challenges' to be the most entertaining; even more so than the power tests they regularly do. More specifically search YouTube for the "Africa Special", the "Vietnam Special", or the "North Pole Special". Priceless :lol:
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I think you'll find a LOT of Top Gear fans here 8)

Greatest show ever.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Dam You Jermey!!!!

Stupid Bloke Hammond.....
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Got all seasons on DVD... 8)
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
endblockclip8
Car: 2001 Black ZX3

Anyone know when the new series starts up? I've been recording them on the DVR every time I see one I don't already have.
2005 ZX3
MNiceGuy

Some say is right eye is a testicle...
Some say he has a tattoo of his face...on his face...
All I know is they call him the Stig!
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

They are anti-American I am anti-Top Gear.
Slower than your stock focus.
MNiceGuy

Clarkson is most definitely anti-American but I'm not so sure about May and I actually think Hammond seems to love American cars and culture. The America Road Trip Special is what I'm sure you're referring to (or is at least the strongest case of what you're talking about). Actually being an American it's not hard to see that the Top Gear producers filmed that episode in "worst case scenario" situations; even trying to provoke the locals to make their point.

If you've seen the second trip to America (Challenger, CTS-V, ZR-1) you know that not only did Chrysler refuse to loan out their car (because of how the company was depicted on the show) but the US State Department allowed the cast and crew to return on the agreement that they only do factual documentary.

Even that considered though I do enjoy almost every other aspect of the show.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

MNiceGuy wrote:Clarkson is most definitely anti-American but I'm not so sure about May and I actually think Hammond seems to love American cars and culture. The America Road Trip Special is what I'm sure you're referring to (or is at least the strongest case of what you're talking about). Actually being an American it's not hard to see that the Top Gear producers filmed that episode in "worst case scenario" situations; even trying to provoke the locals to make their point.

If you've seen the second trip to America (Challenger, CTS-V, ZR-1) you know that not only did Chrysler refuse to loan out their car (because of how the company was depicted on the show) but the US State Department allowed the cast and crew to return on the agreement that they only do factual documentary.

Even that considered though I do enjoy almost every other aspect of the show.
And also when there is an American on their show (in the crowd) they often say, "you are way to thin to be an American."
Eff them, they hate Americans so I don't watch that shit anymore. I'd punch that Clarkson straight in his mouth if he said shit like that to me.
Pitch Black

MNiceGuy wrote:I got my hands on some of the more recent seasons and I love it! Personally I find their 'challenges' to be the most entertaining; even more so than the power tests they regularly do. More specifically search YouTube for the "Africa Special", the "Vietnam Special", or the "North Pole Special". Priceless :lol:
that is like saying, "does any one like cars here?".
spots25

Louis Zerr wrote: And also when there is an American on their show (in the crowd) they often say, "you are way to thin to be an American."
Eff them, they hate Americans so I don't watch that shit anymore. I'd punch that Clarkson straight in his mouth if he said shit like that to me.
heaven forbid someone poke fun at someone else!! If we had a top gear, i'm sure we'd make fun of them for having bad teeth. It's all in good fun, you just need a sense of humor.
00' Kona
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

Louis Zerr wrote:And also when there is an American on their show (in the crowd) they often say, "you are way to thin to be an American."
dude, they are just pointing out the obvious. Americans are the most over weight country in the world. We have way too many lazy fat fucking people in this country. Besides when the last chick on TG was on that was from the states she was hot as hell and Clarkson was practically all over her was funny as hell.

Anyways for those that DVR it, that is on BBC America, and they are always a season or two behind the actual airings that happen in the UK, I end up downloading the episodes the day after they air in the UK, I follow http://www.finalgear.com/ to keep up on anything top gear and fifth gear.

Also if you guys haven't seen it, there is now a Top Gear Aussie land, its not the same, but still pretty damn good.

and here's the BBC America Top Gear schedule: http://www.bbcamerica.com/tvschedule.jsp?showsList=266

- Josh
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

spots25 wrote:
Louis Zerr wrote: And also when there is an American on their show (in the crowd) they often say, "you are way to thin to be an American."
heaven forbid someone poke fun at someone else!! If we had a top gear, i'm sure we'd make fun of them for having bad teeth. It's all in good fun, you just need a sense of humor.
I have a sense of humor, remember that show is made for the UK, so they are not laughing with us they are laughing at us. If ignorant Americans don't understand that well I guess Americans will continue to be the butt of the worlds jokes.
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

Louis Zerr wrote:heaven forbid someone poke fun at someone else!! If we had a top gear, i'm sure we'd make fun of them for having bad teeth. It's all in good fun, you just need a sense of humor.
I have a sense of humor, remember that show is made for the UK, so they are not laughing with us they are laughing at us. If ignorant Americans don't understand that well I guess Americans will continue to be the butt of the worlds jokes.[/quote]

well I think we should be. WE americans are pretty narrow minded, dumb ass hicks some times, and need to wake up, so if it takes some car guys poking fun at us to make the rest of Americans wake up and realize the shit that is going on then so be it.

Until then I'll be laughing right along side them at the rest of America.

- Josh
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

umdivx wrote:
Louis Zerr wrote:heaven forbid someone poke fun at someone else!! If we had a top gear, i'm sure we'd make fun of them for having bad teeth. It's all in good fun, you just need a sense of humor.
I have a sense of humor, remember that show is made for the UK, so they are not laughing with us they are laughing at us. If ignorant Americans don't understand that well I guess Americans will continue to be the butt of the worlds jokes.
well I think we should be. WE americans are pretty narrow minded, dumb ass hicks some times, and need to wake up, so if it takes some car guys poking fun at us to make the rest of Americans wake up and realize the shit that is going on then so be it.

Until then I'll be laughing right along side them at the rest of America.

- Josh[/quote]

Exactly...
I approve that message.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!