WTT my Jetta for a good running truck

Have something you want to get rid of or something you're looking for? Post it here!
frankjt96
Car: 1995 F-150, 83 GTI

What the title says, some info;

I am looking to get a boat so I need a truck . I do not have a whole lot of money, but I do have a car that I would like to offer as a trade. It is a 1986 Volkswagen Jetta GL 1.8L 8v, I bought it in December of 08 with 79,000 miles on the car from my boss. The odometer stopped working around 83,000 miles. The car runs great, no mechanical problems, I've taken it back and forth between Apple Valley (MN) and Des Moines (IA) 7-8 times without a single problem. The car gets roughly 42 MPG on the highway and in the city I see high 30's. It's a 5 speed trans with what feels like a brand new clutch. The brakes up front were replaced right before I bought the car, the shoes in the rear were still good. It shifts into all 5 gears and reverse without any problems. I had a "great" idea to spray paint a VW symbol on the roof and MKII MADNESS on the hood of the car, I haven't tried but in past expiriences things like that have just bufed off. There are some dents in the car, nothing that effets the drivability. Interior is good, only one door does not work, and that is the drivers side passenger door. All glass is good on the car, and tabs are good. The car has a brand new batter as of January. I bought the car for $600 (Actually bought it for $300 but payed $600 originally) so I was thinking a straight trade for a truck in the $500 price range. The car is a golden brown in color. Tires are decent, rears will need replacement in a few thousand miles. I am a mechaic and the vehicle has been well kept while in my hands, and my boss' hands. I can send pictures upon request. The truck must have a trailer hitch and ball. I'm not to picky on looks, but I would like it to be decent looking as the town homes I live in tend to be more upper class.

I prefer the truck to be at least a six cylinder, and preferably 4x4. Don't care about the trans, I'll drive either an auto or manual. Since the truck will be used mainly for towing I guess I'd prefer a manual. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

P.S., only rust on my car is where the paint has chipped off. otherwise it's virtually rust free.
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13