Hey Tony, check out this thread.

Show off your pictures!!!
Steve@Tasca
Midget

The HDR thread from SVTP, You're even in there somewhere :)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pi ... hread.html

One of my favorites from the thread,

Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Nice find Steve 8)
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
HilloNative
Car: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

But a lot of those aren't "Real", you can notice the PS on them.
Nacidos Ford... Nacidos Fuerte...
Steve@Tasca
Midget

HilloNative wrote:But a lot of those aren't "Real", you can notice the PS on them.
Real HDR or not theres some awesome shots in there.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
HilloNative

^^^ im not saying that they aren't cool pics, just that some of the guys in there talk about "real", but not to many of them are real.
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

I never saw this thread... Probably just assumed you were posting in your GT4 pics thread :lol:

Where did you see my pics? I made it through page 12 but have to run.

Most of those comments about "real" vs "fake" HDR is the method used to get there. Not whether or not they look "real". A "real" HDR is one composed of several exposures of a scene and can look exactly the same as what you see in real life. A "fake" HDR is basically just brightening the crap out of the shadows and darkening the highlights. It's "fake" because it's not actually contributing to the dynamic range of the image, you still have just a single exposure.

Some HDRs when processed strongly look more like a painting (which is fine, it's a style). Others can look natural, but portray a scene that a single exposure would not be able to capture (at least with todays cameras, they don't have as much dynamic range as the human eye). For example here is a "real" HDR, 3 separate exposures, from my CA trip:

Now with a single exposure you could either have the blue sky and DARK trees (practically black) or propertly lit trees with a blown out sky. It would take a pretty impressive camera to capture that dynamic range in a single exposure, but our eyes do it normally. Which is why it takes extra processing to blend the three exposures together and make one properly exposed image.

That's it for today's HDR lesson :lol:
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

Oh and some of those pictures were pretty bad, but others were very cool. That's usually how it works when people are sharing HDR works though :? I know I recognized the "DHG FTW" from TX stang, he's on our Contour board and I like his pics.

I swear if I read "outlawphotoguy" saying that RAW is 32 bit one more time I might never open another SVTP thread link again :lol:
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
HilloNative

^^^ that was my point at first, but after you explained HDR i got it a little bit better, but once again, some of the pictures are awful.