Auto X Real Racing?

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
closetfordfan
Car: 1996 ram

Is Auto X really racing? I know its timed, but there really is not any risk involved. For the guys who do auto x, how do you not get lost in the sea of cones?
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

enogh cones in the wheel well can do damage. also going into the scrub can hurt.
Image wink wink.....bitches
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

There is totally a risk involved. The last few times when we autoXed at Central Parking, acouple people lost control of thier cars and skidded into a cement wall or chain linked fence. Typically, insurance is not covered in an event like that, so your stuck paying for it. This year, Matt lost control of his Evo and almost totaled his front end.

So there is a risk involved. This weekend, I hit some cones, and left some marks in my front bumper and skuffed my rear bumper when I drifted thru a wall of cones.

And getting lost in a sea of cones is something I don't have an issue with... :)

edit, and no, its not racing. Its a timed event. no racing.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
closetfordfan

o2designs wrote:There is totally a risk involved. The last few times when we autoXed at Central Parking, acouple people lost control of thier cars and skidded into a cement wall or chain linked fence. Typically, insurance is not covered in an event like that, so your stuck paying for it. This year, Matt lost control of his Evo and almost totaled his front end.

So there is a risk involved. This weekend, I hit some cones, and left some marks in my front bumper and skuffed my rear bumper when I drifted thru a wall of cones.

And getting lost in a sea of cones is something I don't have an issue with... :)

edit, and no, its not racing. Its a timed event. no racing.

I've wanted to try auto x for a while, just don't yet, looks like fun though and the cones scare me, I feel like a dumbass if I lost the course. :lol:

Do you consider rallying, racing?
o2designs

Honestly...its not up to me if its racing...LOL

But to me, rallycross is not racing either. Its just autoX, but in a mud pit or snow.

Or are you talking about WRC? To point that is racing, and I guess you could say autoX is 'racing' as well. Its the form of spirirted driving, pacing yourself againt the clock. Its really a mixed bag as if autoX and WRC is racing...and I'm not getting into the politics of that...
Monkey Gein
Car: 07 Silver ZX3/07 Black ZX

how do you place? or get judged? is it all time based or are there "style" or cone points given or taken?

what happens if the person in front of you spins out bad or flips and you catch up? how does it affect you or is it one on the course at a time?

is it fun. it looks like a pretty safe and controled race. where can we find rules and regs for rally and auto X?
Image . . . Image <-- CLICK IT!!
o2designs

Monkey Gein wrote:how do you place? or get judged? is it all time based or are there "style" or cone points given or taken?

what happens if the person in front of you spins out bad or flips and you catch up? how does it affect you or is it one on the course at a time?

is it fun. it looks like a pretty safe and controled race. where can we find rules and regs for rally and auto X?

You are placed by your time. Then after everything, they have what is called a PAX time, which pretty much takes out the handicap of the car based on a factor. So in the end, someone in a PT Cruiser, could actually get a lower time then a Evo. So there are two ways to factor in your run group(actual time) and everyone's PAX time.

For one, I've never seen anyone 'flip' their car autoxing. If for some reason, you spin or something happens you stop, the cars have about a 30-45sec difference between them. If you stop, its the cone workers job to get your attention and slow you down so you don't hit anyone. If for some reason, you don't get your run at 100% because of a cone out of place, someone slowed you down, or you were told to slow down, then you get a rerun.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

It depends how you define racing, if you define it as competing directly against another car or group of cars then Auto-X and rally would not be racing.

It is racing though.

As for WRC? WRC drivers are the best drivers in the world, bar none.

F1 would be a close second with all others following.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
mars

i consider autox racing... because ur racing urself... only if there was a ghost car, that'll be awesome!!!!!
2004 EAP Comp. Orange Focus SVT - LOUD AZZ SVT exhaust!!!!
146.64whp/129.47tq
closetfordfan

mars wrote:i consider autox racing... because ur racing urself... only if there was a ghost car, that'll be awesome!!!!!
Ghost car FTW! :lol:

Monkey Gein: how do you place? or get judged? is it all time based or are there "style" or cone points given or taken?

Since 02 answered for rally x and auto x, I'll answer stage rally. If someone spins they just keep going, if there car is damaged and you catch them, you pass at the first opportunity. If a vehicle flips, can't be moved and blocks a stage, the stage is stop and the same time given to all drivers.

FORDSVTPARTS: It depends how you define racing, if you define it as competing directly against another car or group of cars then Auto-X and rally would not be racing.

It is racing though.

As for WRC? WRC drivers are the best drivers in the world, bar none.

F1 would be a close second with all others following.

I think they all qualify as racing, I was just in a bad mood when I created the thread. :oops: :lol:

I agree rally drivers are the best, no question. F1, well... car setup matters alot, but Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel can all make a car far better than it is and seem to have the best car control.