Not sure of your thoughts, but...

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
streak

fine enough, its good to know what you want. i guess the question is does that mean you will or feel you have a right to hate on people who mod the opposite that you do?
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

sc0tty8 wrote: The guy does not have an svt focus, he has put the svt mani onto the zetec, crowers on the stock head and svt exhaust, underdrive, tb, and a volant intake, he also has a svt 6 speed trans, and 4.08 drive gears. It is an auto x car. I don't remember the guy's name, I had pm'd him about his setup.

Yes, you can get 200whp out of a zetec, but it is not a street friendly build. That involves some steep cams.

You have no idea the amount of knowledge I have about the Focus. I even stated it's possible for 200whp and cited an example. My friend actually owns the shell of that car. Notice one car, and it's detuned. Plus I was using the SVT Focus as a comparison. Like I said, I'd like to see a dyno sheet because that's one hell of a gain. He's lucky he's making that much power.

Remember, you're the new guy to the Focus. I've been running one of the largest clubs in the world before you even considered owning a Focus.
FOCI

trahma wrote:
sc0tty8 wrote:The guy does not have an svt focus, he has put the svt mani onto the zetec, crowers on the stock head and svt exhaust, underdrive, tb, and a volant intake, he also has a svt 6 speed trans, and 4.08 drive gears. It is an auto x car. I don't remember the guy's name, I had pm'd him about his setup.

Yes, you can get 200whp out of a zetec, but it is not a street friendly build. That involves some steep cams.

You have no idea the amount of knowledge I have about the Focus. I even stated it's possible for 200whp and cited an example. My friend actually owns the shell of that car. Notice one car, and it's detuned. Plus I was using the SVT Focus as a comparison. Like I said, I'd like to see a dyno sheet because that's one hell of a gain. He's lucky he's making that much power.

Remember, you're the new guy to the Focus. I've been running one of the largest clubs in the world before you even considered owning a Focus.

boom goes the dynomite
sc0tty8

trahma wrote: Remember, you're the new guy to the Focus. I've been running one of the largest clubs in the world before you even considered owning a Focus.

One of the largest that gets hardly no traffic? You run a local car club, not one of the worlds largest, big diff there...and cheers for running a MN based foci car club.
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

You've got to be kidding me? He's talking about Club Focus, I've told you this before that Trahma knows what he's talking about.

I commend you for wanting to stay NA, thats fine, but a 50% increase in HP as I've told you is squat when it comes to a 4 cyl econo box, yes maybe in a V8 or even a V6 might be a noticable gain, but again 150hp must be nice, Im only at 90whpish, and the only way for me to hit 150whp is by boosting, no other if ands or buts about it.

- Josh
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Pigheaded, hell yea.

Ok to start off. You said, "I know I can get big gains from an intake and exhaust." I replied with No. Then you go back and say a guy with cams, Intake mani, bla bla bla makes power, WTF????

You started this whole mess off by talking about making good gains NA for a daily driven car. You later go well I know a 200hp NS drag car w00pie! If you want good reliable gains, go FI.

Ex: I know a friend with a 200 hp swapped/built NA drag built civic hatch. He runs 12's at the track. His car in mods is at about the 12k range, for engine performance, swap costs, etc.

I could buy the same civic 92 dx hatch and build a competing car on a stock block junk yard setup for $1,500.

My point: These 4cyl cars, get huge gains with a whole lot less money into them (in the long run) to make power, by going FI.

End of story.

BTW: You're sure all knowing about justin, hhahahahahaha
sc0tty8

Wow...just wow....

If I wanted a go fast platform I would not even considered the focus.

I get flamed because I want to add some basic parts to make it go slightly faster? All I gotta say is my fucking god... If I was going for speed I would have bought a cobra and laugh at all you posers as you wind up our toys at the light. No, I am not going for land speed records, yes, there is gains by doing the items I have listed. Will they make me fast? No. Faster? Yes. I am going for faster right now. maybe down the road I may look at adding in a power adder, but, right now, I am not going to spend 3k+ on an upgrade to a car I have not even made a payment on yet...

i feel with what I plan to do it will keep me happy.

It is possible to make a focus faster with only NA motor mods. It, to me, really seems that all you can do is push forced induction. and nothing else.

I would go v8 before I went forced induction, it would cost more, but, there would be plenty of room to grow into. I won't go FI on my car until the rods and pistons are replaced, then, I would prob go for a jrsc with the big boost kit.

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/show ... &fpart=all

There is a thread I had started about cams at focal jet. It seems I am getting a much better responce there about cams then I am about NA upgrade here. Like I stated, I am not going for land speed records, I would also like to replace my clutch/flywheel and add in LSD before going forced induciton.

It seems my knowledge in the auto world is much higher then the flamers of this forum. I think joining this forum to learn about what it takes to make a car move was pointless, I didn't even see any mention of gears or an LSD. These cars stock can't hook up well compared to the cars I have driven. Even stock, I can spin my tires on dry pavement, and, trying to launch it at 3k results in wheel spin. Why would I add in a turbo or a pooper charger to tear up my tires more if I can't even get the stock power to stick to the ground?

Thanks for your input but I think I will go else where for suggestions. Yours are noted and will be kept in my mind for future ventures.

You may close this thread.
FOCI

I'm typing naked right now it got so heated here.
I have nothing else to ad
gheycobra
Car: 03' Cobra 7 05' WRX STi

Scotty, think about what you're saying before you run your mouth.
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

FOCI wrote: I'm typing naked right now it got so heated here.
I have nothing else to ad

ohhh boy, not again!! LOL :shock:
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Doughboy
her name is kelsey.

sc0tty8 wrote: http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/show ... &fpart=all

There is a thread I had started about cams at focal jet. It seems I am getting a much better responce there about cams then I am about NA upgrade here.

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Gee, do you think the difference in response is maybe, JUST MAYBE, due to the way you started each thread?!? Let's review, shall we:

Start of the MNFOC thread:
sc0tty8 wrote: I figure I would get my thoughts into the air.

I don't like rice.
I don't like body kits.
I don't care about painted interior parts.
I don't care about wings.
I HATE clear tail lights and the like.
I don't like it when people ask me if I plan to put a body kit on my car.

I do like cars.
I do like car stereos.
I do want to add real performance parts to my car.
I do want to make my car slighty faster then stock.

Pretty looking cars do not spark my interest.
Performance sparks my interest.

That being said, my ar will not be an "all show" car, or, a poser, as I like to call them. I would ratehr drive a totally stock looking zx3 with work under the hood then a poser mobile.

Hmmm, seems to be like you're not getting off on the right foot here....

Now let's look at the thread on Focaljet:
Who makes some good cams that will add more power?

I seen ford racing has some, There are some kent cams, and I see some crower cams.

I am looking for a god NA cam and later on, maybe a power adder cam, but, right now, I am out for more motor.

Are there any god dynos on these cams on a stock motor? I will be adding a header and cat-back exhaust in the next few weeks, I am after more mid to upper power, and I want good street manners.

Right now, I think the ford racing stage 2 cam could be the one. I am also interested in some adjustable cam sprokets, and, will be adding in an early 2000 intake if I can find one.

WOW. Now that seems like a much more civilized post that is requesting solid information about how to improve your car. No calling people poseurs, no ripping on other people's vehicles, no cutting down other's ideas....

Hmmm, do you think THAT might have a bit of an affect on the responses you received..............

I'm sorry dude, but you obviously don't like us and it doesn't seem like very many here like you. So why don't we all just let it drop and you can go play somewhere else.
Believe me- after 8 1/2 months and 4 engine blocks, the car definitely earned the name Debacle.

I don't like Tom (and neither should you).
streak

dough posted one of the finest responses i have ever seen. :idea:
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

what... hay scotty, shut up... you dont need to do internal mods for a no inter cooled only runnin 10 psi with the big boost jakson racing blower.. i was shown the way, vorteck or paxton are the only way to go on the foci.. and face it you really dont know what you are talking about... any one can regergitate(pardon my spellin please) any artical they have read... now im not calling you out... just stay quite, hange around sponge some stuff off these guys try it and if they are wrong( not very often) then call them out .
Image wink wink.....bitches
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

Nothing else good is going to come of this thread, it's run it's course.