Need Speed?!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
5doorfury
Car: 2004 infra red svtf zx5

Yeah, I pm'd him a couple days ago but I haven't heard back from him. I will just have to stop in and talk to him.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

trahma wrote:depending on how often you want the power you can always go with a nitrous kit. if you dont get carried away and use it responsibly its a safe speed alternative.
.............who in the hell uses the boost juice responsibly!?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

all the hard parts are as good as there gonna get. tramma is right propper tune and set up of vodoo in a bottle is safe, but in the long run is spendy. the boost is a more relible way to go but also spendy. the best way to improve performance is to optimise your curent setup.
1. you dont need big heavy ass wheels
2.you dont need a big heavy and bass ackwerds dual mass fly wheel.
3. you dont need carpet
4.you dont need sound deadener
5.you dont need power windows.
6.you dont need cruise control.
7. no need for ac.
8. that sun roof weighs 28 pounds.
see where this going. if you make it easier to move the car you honestly need less power. you cant belive how heavy the carpet alone is, its like 18 pounds, the fly wheel is like 24 pounds,each power window regulator is like 8 times 4 thats 32 pounds. just lighting the fly wheel of 11 pounds will give you the same performance equivalent as gutting the interior!!!!
Image wink wink.....bitches
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

I thought I taught you kids better than this, Throttle Body. Come on now, it will give ZERO HP. The only thing a TB will do is increase throttle response, which means a faster pressure differential, which is lost once the initial "suck" has passed. Being you did not alter the volume of air the motor can ingest no power gain should be seen.
The only gains that people do see and claim to see are from the butt dyno and perceptive reality. No one has factual proof disputing me, and never will.
The TB does not become a hindrance to power until after the (roughly) 280WHP N/A mark or after 10,500 RPMs.

If you want more power look to lightening things. The interior like Focinite said, and the mechanical rotating mass. Light weight valvetrain is where I would look if I where you and hog the head out.
--John