rods and pistons

For your Ford Focus related discussion
FOCI

has anybody here put in new rods and pistons? I just bought a turbo kit and thought maybe I'll go ahead and get rods and pistons also, but I kinda like to instal things myself but havn't done anything like rods. So if anybody has and would like to help let me know. I haven't odered them yet so there is no rush. Also anybody done a head swap I've got one of those laying around for the last few months and have no idea what to do with it
sc0tty8

If you decided to do it yourself, make sure the pistons go in the right way, I have seen experienced tired people put pistons in a 347 stroker backwards, then, the valve hits piston :o

It should be pretty easy for you to do if you have good mechanical ability. Head should be real cake. Get your hands on a ford shop manual, it will tell you how to tear down and rebuild anything on the focucs, I know for the tbird there are 3 manuals, 1 main one, a vacuum and electrical diagrams, and, a body manual. The main manual is prob want you want. I know my manuals are year-specific, and, the main one makes the Chilton's look like a wuss.

Replace your head bolts with arp pieces also.

You could prob take your pistons/rods to a machine shop and get them blue printed and balanced while it is in there, then, your motor will last a lot longer and take more revs since it will be ALL balanced. A friend of mine had his 347 balanced to like 7000 or something, the machine shop rates are pretty reasonable and would prove to be a good investment for your investment.

For the whole build of that stang I think the motor and all parts and labor was around 7500$, less then 500$ was machine shop rates, and, the block was clearenced for the larger stroke of the crank shaft. It was pretty much new everything but block lol...