Fuel pump

For your Ford Focus related discussion
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Im willing admit I dont know a whole lot about this stuff im still learning. The jackson setup is a positve displacement compessor,this i know, same with the power works intercooled set up. I come frome the old school , you know .. turbos , wont that burn up the motor mentality. This focus is the first front drive car iv owned and its fun. I got this book a cook book of sorts on building the foci iv been going off this for my info , yes its most likely dated info but its helped so far. and to go back to the old school iv been told by all the old duffers turbos=manule trans, bllowers=automatic. yes i do neeeeed some schooling on this stuff but hay thats why i was pointed to this web site
focinite

no i under stand trama not offended. Ive been going off some ol;d info i guess . honstly id love to buy a round and pick your brains for a while . I just want to get started on my car and I read alot of info so I can make ... sorry try to make wise choices , But some times the wanna be knowit all comes out and puts my foot squarly into my mouth(thats the alter ego). and to strip down a foci is no easy task, i know , so props goes out , just think how much easy-er-est it would be if you had all the dealer tools and hoist . of corse you may in that case im green with envy. but again , no i doo understand , and no your not a dick i get short with dumbasses too.
focinite

now in regaurds to your other stuff . the stock fuel pump puts out around 100 psi max and that is workin it hard. now i might be wrong but i think the early 99s had return the shared the contour setup . and for the super vs turbo . i personaly love the sound of blower whine . my auto being that it dosent drop rpm inbetween shifts like a manuel would be able to use the flat tourqe of a blower. the boost a pump with smaller injectors will work , its all about pule if you have a 19lbh injector and feed it 80 psi its like having a 40 feeding it 30 psi . now the same goes Im not trying to be some super blue oval ass hole here . so i hope i did not offend or make my self look like lame_o :wink:
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

haha_too late...

It is the belief that a boost a pump is just a band aid. Since the Focus senses fuel pressure and regulates it by varying the fuel pump itself the boost a pump will work for a few seconds until the computer sees the excess pressure, at that point it will cut the fuel pump back which kills the dolphin (defeats the porpoise). At least that is what i understand about the returnless sytems.

I will be pulling off the head of my turbo'd focus this saturday, you are welcome to lend a hand and hang out and BS with me and whoever shows up. The head pulling won't take long and then i will find out the real cause of the 0 reading on the compression gauge. I pray that my built engine held up and that it was a valve.
Slower than your stock focus.
focinite

ouch man thats harsh now my feeling are hurt(teehee). it mackes sense what you are saying I did mor looking and reading on the boost a pump. so if you want hepl or some one to point and laff at just post reply ill check tonight butt i dont know if i know where your grage is at.. normally man im a pretty normall individ but at work here im bnoard and restles specialy in this heat. another ? (oh fuck dosent this kid shutup?!) iv only seen torque converters in the fomoc mags , is there another company out there that catters to us lammo slush box focus owners?
thenamessean04

What time is everyone working on your car and whats your address if I want to come help?
Sean Cunliffe~

My car-2002CD Silver ZX3,SVT front bumper w/upper grill,SVT suspension(soon),Focus sport strut bar,Cold Air Intake,2005 charcoal interior,Sony Headw/2 10" Punch subs,Kenwood 930watt amp w/built in fan to stay cool under false floor.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

i didn't really arrange things and i am glad i didn't. I had the valve cover off and the timing belt tensioner off in less that 10 minutes to discover that the exhast cam broke after the 3rd lobe. I will post a pic in a second. Also it is too damn hot to be out there working. Have fun boys.

Edit: added pic
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

Damn, at least its not a piston.

Got another cam?
07 ST S.A.P.
FOCI

you've got some shitty luck man. How long have you been working on this project? I remember going to doughboys house like over a year ago and you had an eclipse.
focinite

how the hell do you do smething like that?! you know a boost a pump will fix all your probles ( really just kidden man ) you are luky it was just a cam . anything get in the cyl? how many r's were ya turnin when the work of art happened( were in the fuck is that miss coming from?)
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4

Didnt you have some problems with the cam gears at first? Maybe this has something to do with that?

I remember reading on focaljet about a cam breaking, and I guess the guy torqued the caps down wrong.

I'm just glad its not worse!
07 ST S.A.P.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

It was torqued to specs, but do you think that the specs i have could be wrong? The cam gear that was a problem before was becaseu there was a chunk of old timing belt rubber in one of the grooves. That may have stressed the cam though, hmmm. Good memory there pops.
focinite

SECTION 303-01C: Engine — 2.0L Duratec-ST (Zetec) 2002 Focus Workshop Manual
IN-VEHICLE REPAIR Procedure revision date: 11/13/2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camshafts

Special Tool(s) Installer, Camshaft Oil Seal
303-160 (T81P-6292-A)

Material WSK-M2G348-A5

Engine Oil - 5W-30 WSS-M2C153-G

Removal

CAUTION: Since the engine is not free-wheeling, timing procedures must be followed exactly or piston and valve damage can occur.

Check the valve clearance. For additional information, refer to Valve Clearance (303-01 Engine - 2.0L Duratec-ST (Zetec), GENERAL PROCEDURES).
Remove the timing belt. For additional information, refer to Timing Belt (303-01 Engine - 2.0L Duratec-ST (Zetec), IN-VEHICLE REPAIR).
NOTE: Hold the camshafts by the hexagon with an open ended wrench or a suitable pair of locking pliers to stop them from rotating.

Remove the camshaft pulleys.

Remove the oil feed flange.
Discard the camshaft oil seals.
Discard the oil feed flange oil seal.

CAUTION: Loosen the camshaft bearing caps in the sequence shown.

NOTE: Working in several stages, evenly loosen each bolt two turns at a time in the indicated sequence and remove the bolts.

NOTE: Mark the position of the camshaft bearing caps prior to removal and reinstall the camshaft bearing caps in the same position after installation of the camshaft.

Remove the camshafts.

Installation

CAUTION: Since the engine is not free-wheeling, timing procedures must be followed exactly or piston and valve damage can occur.

CAUTION: The camshaft must be held stationary with an open ended wrench or a suitable pair of locking pliers. Do not use the alignment tool to hold the camshaft in position or damage to the camshaft may occur.

NOTE: Working in several stages, install the camshaft bearing caps in the indicated sequence, tighten the bolts evenly half a turn at a time.

Install the camshafts.
Tighten the bolts in the sequence shown.

NOTE: Install a new oil feed flange seal.

Apply sealer to the marked areas on the oil feed flange.

Install the oil feed flange.

Check the valve clearance and if necessary adjust. For additional information, refer to Valve Clearance (303-01 Engine - 2.0L Duratec-ST (Zetec), GENERAL PROCEDURES).
Using the special tool, install the exhaust camshaft seal.
Lubricate the camshaft and oil seal lip with clean engine oil.

Install the intake camshaft seal.
NOTE: Do not tighten the camshaft pulley retaining bolts at this stage.

Install the camshaft pulleys.

Install the timing belt. For additional information, refer to Timing Belt (303-01 Engine - 2.0L Duratec-ST (Zetec), IN-VEHICLE REPAIR).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spec is 15 nm wich is like 20 ftbs im guessing its a 02
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

The beast lives!!! Hearing my BOV again made me..........boioioioioing!!!!
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4

Louis Zerr wrote: The beast lives!!! Hearing my BOV again made me..........boioioioioing!!!!

awesome!
07 ST S.A.P.