whats better reflash my pcm or chip the darn thing

For your Ford Focus related discussion
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

i cant get a straight answer iknow you can re flash the stock pcm ive don it all the time you can even update the info going into the pcm . but if I were to chip it am i stuck with that program or am i able to reflash forboost or cam changes?ps i am also looking for long tube header tri-y
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

what kind of focus do you have?
focinite

I have a black zx3 auto matic iknow ish right. It has the z tech dohc motor. Ive done the cat back thing I will be doing the aem cold air and some time this fall or winter it may get boosted or a 2.5 svt contur conversion
I havent made my mind up about what to do with this thing it is to fun to just leave stock and boring
trahma
has a blownup bomb

Your best bet locally is to go with a diablosport setup. I don't know of any ZX3's boosting with the stock transmission. I know it's a PITA to break into even 15's NA with them.

As far as the SVT Contour engine swap, going off of your posts you probably aren't in any shape to begin this swap. IIRC to date only 4 of these swaps have been done, and only 2 are still on the road. It's more cost effective to go with a V8 swap but you have to be pretty serious to be looking into that.
focinite

yeah i was looking into the kogle swap but man its like twenty grand just for the kit plus it would no longer be a foci. Im a ford dealer tech and i know the car in and out i get to look at all sorts of possibilaties like converting the escape engine and drive trine to fit the foci the are cusins you know. i made the mistake of buying the auto cus the girl i was seeing ..... sorry going to marry couldnt drive stick soo i though i would be nice , but i enjoy the car so much now ineed to go faster handle better you know that sort of thing . ive seen automatic upgrades in ford performanc like torqe con and valve bodies, and even trans that are good for 500 hores on web sites . I just want to put more fun into the car I realy dont wanna be all fast and fereeus(ha ha ha )
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

it costs money to play with the big boys. You can use SCT proracer package to flash either a chip (with multiple settings) or flash the PCM with a scantool type device. SCT cost about $800, i have the scan tool type myself. it holds 3 tunes besides the stock tune.

I'm with trahma as far as the diablosport set up.

Contour conversion=no fun

Lentech automatic, that is one way to go.
Slower than your stock focus.
focinite

hay iwas told you people were helpful thank you and yes it was lenntech he has a bad ass turboed foci.
trahma
has a blownup bomb

focinite wrote: hay iwas told you people were helpful thank you and yes it was lenntech he has a bad ass turboed foci.

Actually its Tom who has the turbocharged Focus. He uses a Lentech Automatic transmission. We know because several of us have dealt with him.
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

I see your in anoka, I'm in ramsey, if your interested in tuning the car talk to Hitech Motor sports in Ramsey just off of Sunfish lake blvd.

For $500 it will get you the chip and all the dyno time they need to tune it, however since your not boosted or anything It would be a waiste of money.

- Josh
focinite

now this deiablo( say with heavy southern drawl) chip, once the boost problem is cured, dose it have the mutiple switch setting like the one i saw on focus central( ithink that was the site) can i set it up to change shift patterns and line pressure see i have a turd auto trans or am i looking at needing a valve body shift, seliniods and a torque converter?
umdivx

http://www.diablosport.com/DeltaChip.php

the diablo sport delta chip has a two tune chip which you can set one for "race day" and the other for daily driving, which many ppl do.

I'd give hitech a call or run over to their shop and talk with their tuner, I did that and he's a wealth of knowledge.

- Josh
focinite

thank you i may have to call i work like 16 hrs a day mon-fri.....I thinky it may be time to get boosterish now this place is right off of sunfish if im going north it should be on my right hand side ... right by the hitech sign in that newer looking office building condo thingy?
umdivx

13915 Radium St; Ramsey, MN 55303

is their address, go north/northwest on hwy 10 past the tech college, take a right on Sunfish, go over the rail road tracks, take the first right, go down two blocks, it will be your second left hand turn.

the shop is in a strip mall kind of building right in the middle, on your right hand side, you will see their shop sign along with others on the same sign, usualy you will see some cool cars parked out front.

- Josh
focinite

thank you im actually pertty close to the area my girly friend lives over off of ramsey blvd i should be able to find it thank you muchly mr umdivx............. ps is it pretty close to the ramesy water tower?
focinite

hay i know where thats at my buddie mikey got his gto tuned there ........ i know where it is . thank you though. :o