Fuel pump

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Well, i did it. I did a little bit of boosting last sunday and then the car started to stutter and stall. I pulled over and it ran but very poorly. I pulled off the fuel like on the fuel rail and saw a trickle of fuel instead of a blast of fuel. seems like my fuel pump is dead. who knows about proper upgrades and such for a fuel pump. Possibly a return set up? (Jeff?) i want a little reliability. I woudl also like to see what 15 psi looks like. :twisted:
Slower than your stock focus.
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

stock fuel pump is good for some HP.

Just get it re-placed under the recall. I did, turbo and all.

Morries minnetonka ford is awesome.
07 ST S.A.P.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I don't want it touched by anyone but me, just like my wang. No wait, that's not right. I don't want to have it towed to the dealer, PITA. When i can push it 3 feet into the garage.
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4

hmmm, call them up, tell them what happend, ask if they can just give you the parts. lol.

I would just get a stock pump for now.
07 ST S.A.P.
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

The fuel pump recall was only till 2001, the 02's weren't affected by the recall supposedly even though they didn't redesign the pump until 2003.
Doughboy
her name is kelsey.

Hey Rod, I still have the BBK fuel pump I was planning on puting in my car if you want to buy it. It's never been opened. I'll have to grab the model number off it so you can get the details. I'm pretty sure it was 170 lph. I never installed it because it would require some slight modification to the fuel canister to make it work. If you want it I'm sure we can work something out.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Let's talk bro, i am wondering what type of modifications and such. It sucks to have my car not working again. :cry:
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

the deed is done, after putting in the new friggen fuel pump it still would not start. i then bought a compression tester (should have done this first) and #4 has 0 compression. I think i sucked a valve. The turbo kit is coming off for good and i am gonna try doing something different. Too bad i lowered my compression. The head will be off over the next couple of days though. I am really pissed off at my car and can't wait to just drive the god damn thing!!!!
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4

Louis Zerr wrote: the deed is done, after putting in the new friggen fuel pump it still would not start. i then bought a compression tester (should have done this first) and #4 has 0 compression. I think i sucked a valve. The turbo kit is coming off for good and i am gonna try doing something different. Too bad i lowered my compression. The head will be off over the next couple of days though. I am really pissed off at my car and can't wait to just drive the god damn thing!!!!

Hey, kinda like me!

shave the head, and get some cams maybe?
07 ST S.A.P.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

^^you said it bro, i am only hoping that after i get the head off that there is no hole in my piston.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Jumping in kind of late I know but the pumps were redisigned in '02.

Early '02's have the recall style pump and late '02's have the newer style.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

you should think about a kennbell boostapump for your problem and put boost back on just put a inter cooled centrifical charger on insted of the-maybe fast turbo- i personaly enjoy some boost all the time insted of alot of boost at the middle of the rpm range then grenading the motor becuse my fuel system cant keep up then the 25psi(jk) of boost . with the jackson racing setup and 11-13 psi ken bell boost-a-pump pro m maf ,29 lbs injectos and intake and exhaust mods you should see about 200to 225 front wheel horse withe a table flat turque line at 150 ft/lbs
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4

focinite wrote: you should think about a kennbell boostapump for your problem and put boost back on just put a inter cooled centrifical charger on insted of the-maybe fast turbo- i personaly enjoy some boost all the time insted of alot of boost at the middle of the rpm range then grenading the motor becuse my fuel system cant keep up then the 25psi(jk) of boost . with the jackson racing setup and 11-13 psi ken bell boost-a-pump pro m maf ,29 lbs injectos and intake and exhaust mods you should see about 200to 225 front wheel horse withe a table flat turque line at 150 ft/lbs

ahhhhh...... no. :roll:
07 ST S.A.P.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

boost-a-pumps don't work with a returnless fuel system. Yes my car has run over 25psi. 29 lb injectors are way too small for a focus running 10 psi let, i have 42 lb injectors. I saw about 221whp and 250 lb-ft at 4000 rpm. i know those that have vortech and nitrous and they still couldn't touch my power unless they were running 16psi and then i just turn up the boost. oh and i was only running 8psi out of a t3/t4 turbo. CFM is your friend
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

focinite wrote: you should think about a kennbell boostapump for your problem and put boost back on just put a inter cooled centrifical charger on insted of the-maybe fast turbo- i personaly enjoy some boost all the time insted of alot of boost at the middle of the rpm range then grenading the motor becuse my fuel system cant keep up then the 25psi(jk) of boost . with the jackson racing setup and 11-13 psi ken bell boost-a-pump pro m maf ,29 lbs injectos and intake and exhaust mods you should see about 200to 225 front wheel horse withe a table flat turque line at 150 ft/lbs

The JRSC isn't a centrifugal supercharger. Also I don't know where you're finding 29lb injectors, but the cost difference between 30lb injectors and 42lb injectors is less than $30. Why not just pay extra to have the injectors you need, you're the one talking about running out of fuel. A Pro-M MAF can't be calibrated anymore. The stock Focus fuel pump is fine and why you would install a boost-a-pump to achieve 225whp is beyond me.

A turbo is going to yield more torque than hp on a Focus. Yes you dont have peak power to the top of your power band but you're still going to outrun a supercharged Focus. There are some advantages to a supercharger over a turbo, but power in general isn't one of them.

I'd also love to see someone break 200whp on a JRSC. There's a select few that have pulled this off. I'm not trying to be a dick but most of us have been working on our cars for years, because you're a Ford tech and decided to start modding your Focus means nothing to us. We've already done plenty of research, and spent plenty of time wrenching on each others cars. We could disassemble a Focus and reassemble it, the scary thing is we could probably do it in a weekend.