Auto transaxle/cooling system???

For your Ford Focus related discussion
KRYPTO
Car: 02 race car red SVT

OK so this light turned on twice for me this week. Its the one that looks like a ! inside a star.
Its called the
Multi-function: Automatic transaxle/cooling system (On Zetec or automatic transaxle vehicles only)
Now I have an SVT with a 6speed. What could cause this light to turn on?
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

hey!!!!!!!! go check your mani rocker switch!!!! its back behinde the coil on the driver side of the intake manifold. betcha that intake runner controll rocker broke like mine did!! and all other svts, cfm has an aluminum one for like 40 bucks, well worth it.
Image wink wink.....bitches
KRYPTO

Is there a pic I can look at? Not sure what the mani rocker switch is.
GearHead

KRYPTO wrote:OK so this light turned on twice for me this week. Its the one that looks like a ! inside a star.
Its called the
Multi-function: Automatic transaxle/cooling system (On Zetec or automatic transaxle vehicles only)
A failing ground or ECU can cause the (!) on manual trans equipped Focuses. I had to reflash my ECU to get rid of the occasional (!) followed by the engine shutting off; It was difficult nailing down the problem. That was just my case anyway.
2001 Infra-red ZX3
focinite

GearHead wrote:
KRYPTO wrote:OK so this light turned on twice for me this week. Its the one that looks like a ! inside a star.
Its called the
A failing ground or ECU can cause the (!) on manual trans equipped Focuses. I had to reflash my ECU to get rid of the occasional (!) followed by the engine shutting off; It was difficult nailing down the problem. That was just my case anyway.
good call, i forgot about this. needs to be looked at either way. 8)
KRYPTO

I did move the battery into the hatch, and grounded it to the rear seat belt bolt afer I grinded off the paint. I also put a extra ground off the motor to fender and replaced the little ground wires that were orig. equiped. Could the ECU be going out or what ever? Will that explan the other problems I have. I just need some one to drive my car for half a day to tell me what they thing. Any volunters?
spots25

hook it up to a scan tool to find out?

the light came on in my brothers focus after a coolant hose popped
00' Kona
KRYPTO

I'm not leaking or loosing any coolant. I'll have to get ahold of Focinite and see if he'll scan it.
focinite

woohhh!! i heard he charges money for that!?!??!?! :lol: just playin. try to make it to the sunday meet in coon rapids. i work the next 11 days so getting out to you is not gunna happen, and im going to chester the last week end of this month, so yer best bet is to get a buddie to drive your hinnie out to me. and ill help you out, and we will talk money later, if at all 8)