Snow Sucks

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

o2designs wrote:
Pappy wrote:
o2designs wrote:
And word to the wise, instead of spending 5 min making a sweet ass STi hood scoop, dig the car out more...LOL The extra horsepower of the scoop does'nt help, nor does it give you 4WD.

Really? huh, I always thought that when I taped on the scoop on my Focus STI it made it AWD...

:arrow: shitass

:lol:
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
jutzb

Man, i had to drive from Minneapolis at midnight to the east side, got drunk dropping the couple lady friends off at their houses, damn if they both dont live at the bottom of big hills. Then, i got to my street, no on ehad driven on it, so i had to shovel a two track path all the way down to my garage. Got stuck about 4 or 5 times that night. 35W was a single track road, 61 hadnt even been touched, on 694 i drove behind a lowered Audi that was plowing for me, I have no idea how my CAI filter didnt fall off!!!
01 Rain Forest Green ZX3
Mods: trailer hitch, Bomz/AEM/K&N CAI, custom windshield banner, SVT nightshaded front grill, clear bumper lights.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

This wasn't bad at all, The big fat Windstar flys right through it. I had to run up 35W last night and I passed everything on the road.

When it was -15 a couple weeks ago we had the Cub scouts winter campout down in Cannon Falls, It was great. We were outside all day Saturday and it never got above -10 and about -35 windchill depending on what activity you were doing.

You should hear the guys down South and in other warmer climates when I tell them about the weather here.

Anyone that can deal with this climate and handle a snow like this without hitting something or driving into a ditch should be proud.

It really does take a certain kind of insane masochistic person to live here on purpose though :twisted:
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Y2k
At Least It's Boosted..

my car turned out to be stucked deep and spent 1/2 hours + rubber smell to dig it out. the excavator plowed the snow to the sides of my car till about half the door height. luckily i went out today otherwise i wont make it on time to work tomorrow :p so yeah..the 15" snow sucks :P
TQ is addictive
starconvoy2
All Cammed Up

Goodness snow sucks...My car was stuck so a guy helped me tow it out with his GMC and well the radiator support was the spot he hooked the mount to...so I am going to be buying a new radiator support from Steve this week...at least I am able to rig it up so I can get back home...It's exciting when you go to Walmart to get a strap cord to hold half of the radiator up ha ha....grumble...
"Your banned bitch cams."
An STI against a MX5 stands no chance...Kill # 1
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

The guys that plow our lot just kept piling the snow up next to my car. None of the bastards in my building can park, so there were 2 almost-spots in the lot. I was finally able to move my car into the lot yesterday, but it took about 15 minutes to get it out of my spot on the street. My wife was wondering where the hell I went. I've got to say, these Ecsta ASTs really make me wish I was driving my snow-equipped XR this winter.

Hey Steve, were you guys at Cannon River? I used to do almost all my OA conclave stuff there and that's where my dad did a lot of his Woodbadge stuff. It's been a while since I've been there, but last month would have been a great time for a Zero Hero.
soul_hammer
Banned!

i spent an hour going a block and finaly said fuck it and took the sled to work. i dont know why i didnt do it in the first place.
Deagle50ae

lol.
I never got stuck. and I was driving all over saturday night (10p - 3a) parking lot ass-draging, getting food, picking up the gf, dropping off the gf to get her contact case, picking up the gf again. alll night man. that there white stuff is fun.

o wait
I lied
I got stuck for like 1 minute in my driveway pulling into my garage but I shimmied it out (stupid drifting snow)

I can say that shoveling sunday morning SUCKED
I wear my sunglasses at night.
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

Pappy wrote: It's to deap. I don't even want to see my car right now as I know I'm going to be completely snowed in.

Anyone stuck driving around in this? Anyone get stuck?

I took the Alien Focus out for a spin around midnight saturday night, blastin through 2 foot drifts, and all that. Was fun as hell.

Snow Tires FTW!!!!!

- Josh
STANG302

I was doing some reverse drifting and e-braking in our driveway. Always fun.

12"-20" expected from wed afternoon to Friday! We'll see how many more times I can get the old plow truck stuck!
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

Pitch Black wrote: how much snow did you guys end up getting

like 1-2" more than my front bumper would let pass under it
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

about 13" to 16" in the north metro, with snow drifts of up to 2 feet, but that didn't stop the focus ;) I am a true believer of snow tires and what they can do. My neighbor was like your gonna get that thing stuck, I bet him $20 i'd make it into my driveway and into the garage, needless to say I was $20 richer after that.

- Josh
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

umdivx wrote: about 13" to 16" in the north metro, with snow drifts of up to 2 feet, but that didn't stop the focus ;) I am a true believer of snow tires and what they can do. My neighbor was like your gonna get that thing stuck, I bet him $20 i'd make it into my driveway and into the garage, needless to say I was $20 richer after that.

- Josh
who needs snow tires when you gots a big nasty 4x4?!?!?!?!? :twisted:
Image wink wink.....bitches
SVT-swap

focinite wrote:
umdivx wrote:about 13" to 16" in the north metro, with snow drifts of up to 2 feet, but that didn't stop the focus ;) I am a true believer of snow tires and what they can do. My neighbor was like your gonna get that thing stuck, I bet him $20 i'd make it into my driveway and into the garage, needless to say I was $20 richer after that.

- Josh
who needs snow tires when you gots a big nasty 4x4?!?!?!?!? :twisted:

Well my 4X4 decided to not run as soon as it started to snow. What can I say, Its an old Dodge.
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Here we go again....
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________