My dang car...

For your Ford Focus related discussion
jutzb

So lately i noticed my one license plate lamp was dimmer then usual, i took it out and found the whole lens area was filled with harened winshield washer fluid! wtf? I took the bulb out and tried to clean off the corrosion, when i put it back in it stopped working.

Ugh, damn thing. Now i just need to avoid the state patrol officers with too much time on their hands.

~Brandon
01 Rain Forest Green ZX3
Mods: trailer hitch, Bomz/AEM/K&N CAI, custom windshield banner, SVT nightshaded front grill, clear bumper lights.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I cleaned and replaced the 2 lamps in mine, they still dont work. This was like 3 weeks ago. You will notice that a lot of cars don't have plate lamps in MN. And yes i checked the fuse..........
Slower than your stock focus.
SVT-swap

Did you look at the lamp sockets? could be rusty from all that fantastic salt.
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

The corrosion is a SUPER common problem with them. They always fail and always suck, no way around it, until now.

I just ordered a set of these (because I've been rocking the single light for a while, after I broke one while changing a bulb:

Made by 'covert1' on focaljet. They are $30 a set. They are two bright white LEDs (per side) molded into a clear epoxy I believe. He has been running them in his car for 2 years and they still look and work that good. Also they then don't have the corrosion problem the stock bulbs do. Kinda pricy but better than getting a ticket for it and I'd rather just fix it once right, then having to replace it with a whole new stock set everyyear. Also this way the corrosion can't ruin the lenses (to give them that yellowed look) so they stay perfectly clear. PM him on the jet if you want a set.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
spots25

ahh hell, i've had one burnt out license plate light the entire time i've owned my car, and never had a problem. I really should do something about it, but...
00' Kona
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Yeah, I've had a burnt bulb in the Kona since about a week after I bought it. Its been too damn cold to do anything about it tho, so I've just left it. I am planning doing some LEDs tho.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
jutzb

Guess we need to get on Ford's ass - I could use the recall - 4 years after i got my car the fog lights completed rusted out, so bad the bulb and assembly rusted off and fell into the light housing...thank god they took care of that!

As for the license plate bulb - does that just wire into the existing wiring, any need to bump up the fuse or anything like that??
01 Rain Forest Green ZX3
Mods: trailer hitch, Bomz/AEM/K&N CAI, custom windshield banner, SVT nightshaded front grill, clear bumper lights.
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

jutzb wrote: Guess we need to get on Ford's ass - I could use the recall - 4 years after i got my car the fog lights completed rusted out, so bad the bulb and assembly rusted off and fell into the light housing...thank god they took care of that!

As for the license plate bulb - does that just wire into the existing wiring, any need to bump up the fuse or anything like that??

For upgrading to LEDS? No you should'nt need to adjust for the LED. Just make sure you have resistors on teh LED, or itll blow.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Sucka612
VeeDub in Da House

I used a festoon bulbs from superbrightleds.com. It might be different on a hatch, but I didn't have to use a resistor or anything.

Bad picture, but they looked good.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

do what i did, and get rid of the plate all to gether!!!!!!!! :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches