camshaft install

For your Ford Focus related discussion
FOCI

Anybody ever install cams on a focus? How hard is it I've been thinking about getting some. Would anybody here help me install them,
noresull

FOCI wrote: Anybody ever install cams on a focus? How hard is it I've been thinking about getting some. Would anybody here help me install them,

Ask Doughboy, I've done a few! ;)

I'm cheap, let me know if You want it done.
2005 ZX3 SES Winter package and Audiphile package
2000 ZX3 CD Silver. Esslinger UDP, Diablosport Chip, S2 Wheels springs and dampers, SVT front bumper
iamgod
has seen the light

you can ask me about noresull too.. :wink: ...i would recommend him!
Pitch Black

ive done it. it was hard but if i did it again it would be easy. i didnt know what i was doing. and i was installing a head. so yeah
Doughboy
her name is kelsey.

noresull wrote:
FOCI wrote:Anybody ever install cams on a focus? How hard is it I've been thinking about getting some. Would anybody here help me install them,

Ask Doughboy, I've done a few! ;)

I'm cheap, let me know if You want it done.

I seem to remember doing something of the sort in a gas station parking lot with nothing but another set of headlights to see by. :lol:

Yeah, have John help you out (and slip him some money for it too).
Believe me- after 8 1/2 months and 4 engine blocks, the car definitely earned the name Debacle.

I don't like Tom (and neither should you).
FOCI

buying some stage 2 crowers so I will need help installing them. I will pay somebody to help me just let me know how much you want.
noresull

50 bux. Let me know.

I'll even come to you if You got a garage.
2000 ZX3 CD Silver. Esslinger UDP, Diablosport Chip, S2 Wheels springs and dampers, SVT front bumper
FOCI

cams ship tomorrow so I'll let you know when they get here.
iamgod
has seen the light

$50 i was robbed! :shock: :wink:
noresull

iamgod wrote: $50 i was robbed! :shock: :wink:

Did I ever tell You that monitor finally died? :)
iamgod
has seen the light

ah well..i gotta bargain! really...you drop it?
FOCI

am I going to need anything for the install? I keep reading about people needing to go buy new buckets? The cams should be here tomorrow. :D
noresull

FOCI wrote: am I going to need anything for the install? I keep reading about people needing to go buy new buckets? The cams should be here tomorrow. :D

If Yu want all the valves to have the proper backlash, You will need to install the cams, measure valve lash, then replace buckets as neccesary. Either way, get 2 new camshaft seal, a new valve cover gasket, if You want. The valve cover gasket is sometimes re-useable, but I recomend replacement every time I do camshafts.
FOCI

can you do the install this weekend? I also have a FS lower trannny mount that I've had for about a year. We can do it at my dads shop big parking lot and air tools if needed.
noresull

What day this weekend and where's the shop? I am only free on Sunday.