Rough idle, ignition problem?

For your Ford Focus related discussion
andr182

Whenever it is idle, the rpm drops under 1k but it won't shut down. I have an AC3 turbo on my car, but I don't see it's the source of the problem. Could it be the ignition problem, like bad spark plugs?
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

andr182 wrote: Whenever it is idle, the rpm drops under 1k but it won't shut down. I have an AC3 turbo on my car, but I don't see it's the source of the problem. Could it be the ignition problem, like bad spark plugs?

holy ghost from mankato batman...

I'm not a engine genius, but I'd definitely look into the plugs and wires. Not sure how others feel about it, but I'd run injector cleaner in as well to see if that helps out. I'd put my money on plugs. I know when my car was running on 3 cylinders it ran like shit.
andr182

:lol: LOL mankato batman eh. Well I am not in the state right now, hopefully I'll be able to see this year's Autovations.

Hmm about the engine, I just ran the injector cleaner two days before the engine started to act up. I will check the plugs and wires as soon as I get back. Hopefully it's not a serious problem, like a hole in my shortblock :?. I don't feel power loss tho when it's running.

Any engine experts here have other possible suggestions?
trahma
has a blownup bomb

andr182 wrote: :lol: LOL mankato batman eh. Well I am not in the state right now, hopefully I'll be able to see this year's Autovations.

Hmm about the engine, I just ran the injector cleaner two days before the engine started to act up. I will check the plugs and wires as soon as I get back. Hopefully it's not a serious problem, like a hole in my shortblock :?. I don't feel power loss tho when it's running.

Any engine experts here have other possible suggestions?

you should be entering this years autovations man... multiple boosted foci would be sweet. :twisted:
andr182

Hmm I'll look forward for it, I gotta make sure my friend is free on the Friday when rolling in the car and Aug 21. Otherwise I don't have the ride home :cry: . When is the deadline of the vehicle application form through MNSC?
noresull

The engine idle drops below 1K? Are You chipped and is the RPM supposed to be that high? The factory idle is set to 700 or so from the factory.

It is possible the injector cleaner fouled the plugs a bit causing a rough idle. If You do replace the plugs, be sure and stick with Motorcraft or Autolites.
2005 ZX3 SES Winter package and Audiphile package
2000 ZX3 CD Silver. Esslinger UDP, Diablosport Chip, S2 Wheels springs and dampers, SVT front bumper
andr182

Thanks noresull. But yeah I am chipped, but it's been running fine for a year with the chip on, so it shouldn't be the problem.

So you think it's the injector cleaner that foul the plug. Should I check and replace the injectors too?
trahma
has a blownup bomb

andr182 wrote: Hmm I'll look forward for it, I gotta make sure my friend is free on the Friday when rolling in the car and Aug 21. Otherwise I don't have the ride home :cry: . When is the deadline of the vehicle application form through MNSC?

As far as the application we're asking for money in by august 1st so we can cover costs. It's $45 IIRC plus you get 2 wristbands (i.e. you and a friend get in) plus we're doing custom plates, shirts, and a couple other things and asking for $40 for that. If the second $40 is a problem, we can probably work something out though.

As far as the Friday before, it's likely the Duluth guys are getting a hotel room so if you don't need to go back to Mankato, we can probably figure something out.
noresull

andr182 wrote: Thanks noresull. But yeah I am chipped, but it's been running fine for a year with the chip on, so it shouldn't be the problem.

So you think it's the injector cleaner that foul the plug. Should I check and replace the injectors too?

Just check the plugs. I highly doubt your injectors are messed up.
2005 ZX3 SES Winter package and Audiphile package
2000 ZX3 CD Silver. Esslinger UDP, Diablosport Chip, S2 Wheels springs and dampers, SVT front bumper
iamgod
has seen the light

holy crap john your still around?!